49ers LB Dre Greenlaw tears Achilles

RaidersAreOne

45 minutes ago, adamq said:

There were people laughing about this in the GDT thread when it happened. I can only hope those people rip their achilles on the way to work tomorrow

I think it was the way it happened. Literally by himself getting hyped. No one wishes injury to anyone specially in the sb. But the guy went full Martin Gramitica. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I think it was the way it happened. Literally by himself getting hyped. No one wishes injury to anyone specially in the sb. But the guy went full Martin Gramitica. 

Exactly - nobody wanted him to get hurt and the injury was huge for the 49ers D and may have cost them the game, but the way it happened is why people are likely treating it lightly.

• Like 3

This was actually very predictable. I commented on it like 4 weeks ago because he was dealing with Achilles tendonitis and it wouldn't go away. I had mentioned it in the niners forum that i was really hoping he wouldn't tear it playing on it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

That was a weird way to tear an Achilles.  Almost Martin Gramatica FG celebration esq'. 

Just a fluke unfortunate injury at the absolute worst possible timing. 

I agree with you. You know, if it would have happened during the game, flying/running around, that is one thing.. but just by walking on the field. Brutal. Fred said in the presser after the game that Greenlaw was battling with his Achilles for weeks. So, was it just a matter of time? He should talk to ARods doctors maybe he can be back in 6 month.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

This was actually very predictable. I commented on it like 4 weeks ago because he was dealing with Achilles tendonitis and it wouldn't go away. I had mentioned it in the niners forum that i was really hoping he wouldn't tear it playing on it. 

Ye when you get this kind of injury a lot of the times it is just a matter of time. This was going to happen at some point and the timing of it was just super unfortunate it happened last night when he wasn't even playing.

• Like 1