49erurtaza

28 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Interesting, another DB coach. 

He does have interesting coaching history

Per his wiki

Played LB in the NFL.

Edited by 49erurtaza

5 hours ago, StevenK said:

Hate this. I just inherently have a problem with WRs. Always about them, get me the ball. Negotiations include wanting the ball more? Like how’s that in a contract negotiation. Like pinky swear we’ll tell Purdy to look your way more?  It’s just stupid. Two totally different things. Get the money you want. Talk about wanting the ball, two different conversations. And when after you sign, show on the field you deserve the ball. 

Love Aiyuk, just like I loved Deebo a couple years ago. Really soured on him during those negotiations. Hope the same doesn’t happen with Aiyuk. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, straighthate said:

Hate this. I just inherently have a problem with WRs. Always about them, get me the ball. Negotiations include wanting the ball more? Like how’s that in a contract negotiation. Like pinky swear we’ll tell Purdy to look your way more?  It’s just stupid. Two totally different things. Get the money you want. Talk about wanting the ball, two different conversations. And when after you sign, show on the field you deserve the ball. 

Love Aiyuk, just like I loved Deebo a couple years ago. Really soured on him during those negotiations. Hope the same doesn’t happen with Aiyuk. 

Look at the account that is "reporting" that lol. 

Anyways, ALL fans can see that Aiyuk should get featured more and needs to get more targets. That is going to come naturally though, especially with how he's still peaking and the rest are declining a bit. And also, just with how well his chemistry is with Purdy. 

So Silver thinks the Niners get aggressive or make a big move or two. I agree as that is what they always do. That's why I asked last week who that big signing would be? 

• Like 1

He's been the number 1 guy for two years now, does he want to just get peppered with ****ty targets like Diggs? I get that it's just a negotiation but that point doesn't even make much sense.

If anyone should be complaining, it's Kittle. Put him in an offense like Baltimore or KC that is centered around the TE, and Kittle is a first ballot HOFer

18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So, by my understanding most of the cap savings comes post June 1 for the guys that I would consider moving off of. Armstead is a tremendous human being by all accounts, but he just isn't available enough. There's no real up front savings, but a post June 1 cut is worth 18 million in cap space. Trading Deebo post June 1 is worth 22 million this year. A cut saves you less and makes doubly less sense because he still probably has some small value in draft capital, even at that cap number. Juice you can move off of at just about any time and save around 5 million. I would to prefer to keep Warner. He's still in his prime, available, and very impactful on the field for the price. And you have him under a pretty good contract for two more  years after this one. You can trade George Kittle post June 1, but pre June 1, I don't see the point.

So the one guy you can reasonably move off of right now is Juice? I personally adore Ben Sinnott specifically more for Juice's role than any guy I've seen in the last few years - he's played fullback, tight end, and on the wing and has really good run blocking and tackle breaking skills. Not a lot of vertical juice and maybe he wouldn't wriggle through some of the cracks for blocks that Juice does, but on the other hand, he'd bring a lot more thunder than Juice does as a blocker. Juice only does the thing the sort of aikido way where he tries to turn you aside. Ben can crash right through you.

But even then, we're talking about chump change. I would really not be surprised by a later Armstead cut to make room for Aiyuk and some mercenaries, though.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I give Mike Silver a lot of trust after it turned out his reporting on Trey Lance, despite it being stuff we didn't want to read/believe, seemed to be mostly correct. 

I was personally thinking we would move on from Deebo/Kittle/Armstead/Greenlaw (injury history) in 1 year, CMC/Hargrave in 2 years. Maybe we move on from some of those guys sooner? 

Not sure who else Silver would be referring to. Purdy, Aiyuk, Bosa, Warner & Mooney are the other young/in their prime cornerstones. Lenoir, Brown, Huf, Banks would seem to be on that 2nd tier. Despite his age, Trent is obviously the oldest but still elite and i think he plays for 2-3 more years and leaves on his own terms. 

It will be interesting to see what happens. But I've been guessing that the 2026 offseason would be a reset for the franchise. 

58 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I give Mike Silver a lot of trust after it turned out his reporting on Trey Lance, despite it being stuff we didn't want to read/believe, seemed to be mostly correct. 

I was personally thinking we would move on from Deebo/Kittle/Armstead/Greenlaw (injury history) in 1 year, CMC/Hargrave in 2 years. Maybe we move on from some of those guys sooner? 

Not sure who else Silver would be referring to. Purdy, Aiyuk, Bosa, Warner & Mooney are the other young/in their prime cornerstones. Lenoir, Brown, Huf, Banks would seem to be on that 2nd tier. Despite his age, Trent is obviously the oldest but still elite and i think he plays for 2-3 more years and leaves on his own terms. 

It will be interesting to see what happens. But I've been guessing that the 2026 offseason would be a reset for the franchise. 

it's mostly speculation, though the comment with regards to tough conversations being had is source based. He mentions the possibility of the staff seeing some guys regress an almost imperceptible amount to fans but they may see. 

If you're going to cut someone, the only real option there is AA on a 6/1 cut. If you're going to trade anyone, Deebo / Aiyuk make the most sense, but the latter doesn't really fit the narrative of what Silver is saying, so it would have to be Deebo. 

• Like 1

Can people stop saying it was such a huge surprise the cap went up 30M? It was projected to go up 20M from 2023 and that's what most folks were using as projections all year. The surprise was that it went up about 10M more than initially anticipated. 

Kawakami is predicting the Niners trade into the 20s for a plug and play RT. I don't know if I see that. I think it is more likely they trade up for an edge rusher. 

• Like 1