2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think he gets close to the 27-28M range and then ASB will be a little ahead of that and Jettas goes comfortably over the 30M mark. That's how I see it playing out. 

No one wants to make the first move though. I just hope it does not drag on much longer but when have we come to terms with a star player this soon? It just does not happen. 

I think whomever signs second between ARSB and Aiyuk will get more. I think that one is all about timing. 

I do think CeeDee gets about 30 and outclasses them both and then JJ sets the market. 

I think this goes as a typical 49ers contract extension does. I found it interesting that Lynch said he was fine playing Aiyuk on the option though. That kind of seemed like a shot fired, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

49ers were one of three teams to vote against the new kickoff rule 

I hate the new touch football rule...can't hit them high, can't hit them low, can't drag them down. No wonder they are pushing flag football leagues! That's the development league!

No Just No GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Unfortunately (IMO) this is the direction the sport is going. I became a niners fan when I was 5 years old and have been one for going on almost 40 years. At some point you just have to realize the sport isn't for you anymore I think. Use college football to get your fix until they change that too, move onto hockey from there. Though they are trying to change that too. I don't mind it as much in hockey for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

The hip tackle rule is unenforceable.  It is basically banning tackles. 

I didn't mind it when I thought it was just going to be the Jimmie Ward tackle on Pollard. From behind, grabbing hips and dropping is going to cause some serious injuries because there is no way to really avoid crushing the ball carriers feet. 

I didn't know that they were going to do the side hip as well. When doing it from the hip, it's not a guarantee that the feet are going to get caught up, so i thought they would leave that alone.  That's going to be super hard to officiate and its going to lead to some really, really subjective calls. The NFL is already saying they get one of those a game, which is 300 hip tackles a year nearly. When you add subjective calls that are just wrong, that's going to be not fun.  I Think in the beginning of the season, its going to be a really rough go while the refs figure this out. I do think it'll iron itself out in terms of penalties being called (at least I hope), because games that feature 10+ penalties a side is just not a fun watch. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, StevenK said:

I know, duh, but it’s definitely interesting with the news coming out about Dak as well - he’s going to play out his contract and test FA next year

2024 is our last year to get a SB with this group because next spring, we'll need to chop a lot to fit Purdy's contract in. It will be a reset of sorts. The draft this year is so very crucial to keeping our window open. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

2024 is our last year to get a SB with this group because next spring, we'll need to chop a lot to fit Purdy's contract in. It will be a reset of sorts. The draft this year is so very crucial to keeping our window open. 

Jeds comments today about Brock's contract and Lynch's comments about aiyuk playing on the 5th year option doesn't exactly inspire confidence they will get a deal done quickly. 

• Like 1

Yeah sorry AA but you get paid for future production/ availability, not because you've been somewhere for 9 years.. it sucks to see him go but you can't keep everyone

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Arik felt really disrespected by the 49ers offer, even though he was MIA for a ton of games these last two seasons. Interesting. 

What is interesting? Armstead has every right to feel that way and the Niners have/had every right to ask for a pay cut. Looks like he is saying the Niners were willing to keep him at 7M for 2024 and he ended up testing the market and got double that. So good for Armstead and I like the moves the FO made to get cheaper, more durable players in free agency. Win/win for both parties. 

• Like 1