2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

42 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I have the opposite feeling. Seems more like all of our vets want more guaranteed money before they pay Brock.

This isn’t JG Wentworth though and I think some of our guys need to realize and just play out their contract. Just because some OTs got paid, shouldn’t mean you need a raise. Feels like the roster is becoming more individual as opposed to team oriented. 

We as fans already know next year is going to be a huge turnover and the vets know this too. So pay me now! 

Yeah, I agree with this. 

Also - it is hard to tell players you do not negotiate when they have multiple years remaining on their deal when you just redid cmc's deal. So once these guys say CMC get some more guaranteed money, they wanted it as well. 

Need to get Aiyuk and dmo done before I extend anyone else.

I have no issues guaranteeing the next two years of Trent's contract though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

I have the opposite feeling. Seems more like all of our vets want more guaranteed money before they pay Brock.

This isn’t JG Wentworth though and I think some of our guys need to realize and just play out their contract. Just because some OTs got paid, shouldn’t mean you need a raise. Feels like the roster is becoming more individual as opposed to team oriented. 

We as fans already know next year is going to be a huge turnover and the vets know this too. So pay me now! 

I kind of think this is what @straighthate meant.  These guys are all acting like they've reached the ultimate goal and are deserving of more money...when in reality they choked.  I could be wrong though. It's not the greatest vibe going into a "last dance" type of season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, straighthate said:

This teams acting like they won the Super Bowl 

I don't think it's that. I think it's more just changing market dynamics and guys who are at the top of their respective job fields want to be paid at such. 

Honestly, Trent is a pretty easy one because the market hasn't really gone crazy at tackle. The top of the market is only 25 and he's at 23. If he wants a new contract and the niners are willing to give that to him, there's really not a whole ton of work to be done there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I kind of think this is what @straighthate meant.  These guys are all acting like they've reached the ultimate goal and are deserving of more money...when in reality they choked.  I could be wrong though. It's not the greatest vibe going into a "last dance" type of season. 

Generally, I don't think team accomplishments play a ton into whether a guy should get a new contract or not. And their worth generally isn't judged on a single game they've played either (there are some exceptions to this though....I'm sure that there are times that guys haven't been brought back because of a play or performance in a big moment where the team just thought they couldn't bring him back due to backlash)

I support players getting what they can every single time that they can get it. If they can finagle more money out of a team, go do it. 

Adrian Peterson was already the cursed Madden 25 athlete 11 years ago, so CMC is fine. I was down to only buying one Madden per console generation but I guess it's back to back years and a hard copy like it's eleven years ago again. 

Find of wish I hadn’t already bought the NCAA / Madden bundle so I could have got the case with CMC on it. Oh well. I don’t believe in curses and all that crap so this is just fun for me.

• Like 1

What I meant is they act like they accomplished the team goal and now are ready to focus on themselves. Last year it was team first, now it’s pay me and I’m bigger than the team. 

Certainly an over simplified and take, but I feel like guys would have taken a pay cut last year if it got the team over the hump to sign another piece. This year, not so much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, straighthate said:

What I meant is they act like they accomplished the team goal and now are ready to focus on themselves. Last year it was team first, now it’s pay me and I’m bigger than the team. 

Certainly an over simplified and take, but I feel like guys would have taken a pay cut last year if it got the team over the hump to sign another piece. This year, not so much. 

I totally agree. 

6 hours ago, straighthate said:

I think the fault is in perception rather than reality. After all, Bosa certainly took no paycut last year and this year Juice actually did. But because we're at the stage of the offseason where we just got the cap space from the Armstead release and all that is left to do is re-sign guys, appearances aren't great at the moment. 

When guys clearly at the top of their position wish to have updated contracts, I have no problem with it. It's a good problem to have.

• Like 4