Post Superbowl Mock Draft - no trades

MagicMT

Just now, scar988 said:

Verse is a great pick. Love how he plays the game. 

Offense needs a QB for sure. I wouldn't hate trading up to 3-5 for Maye or Daniels. Whoever slips. Probably would be a 1 and 3 this year and a 1 next for that kind of move too.

Exactly how I see it too. And for a team like the Falcons this is a perfectly acceptable cost I would do that trade in a heartbeat. 

22 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

You could easily flip Alt / Nabers in this mock then. 
Their O-line was just so bad last year that it definitely needs an upgrade. 
Would you go WR then with the way the board fell? Or you think another position/player would be a better choice?

Yes, Nabers in this scenario.

Regarding the OL, they drafted someone in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round past two seasons. Hopefully the new OL Coach can help someone develop, but they need to go the veteran path now. I also don’t want to draft another LT to have them play RT. We don’t need two studs there. Just not terrible.

• Like 1

I don't hate Byron Murphy, but a penetrating Interior DL is just just really low on the very long priority list for the Jaguars.  Just way too many other positions and players available that i think would make a bigger impact.  I think there's also still some hope for "in house" options like DaVon Hamilton to bounce back and make an impact in a similar role.

OLine...could probably got LT, or more likely a C or G.  WR is a huge need, especially if they hopefully let Ridley walk.  I'm not a big fan of it personally, but a CB would make sense to bolster the secondary.  A lot of directions they could go.  Not sure a DT is the ticket.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I don't hate Byron Murphy, but a penetrating Interior DL is just just really low on the very long priority list for the Jaguars.  Just way too many other positions and players available that i think would make a bigger impact.  I think there's also still some hope for "in house" options like DaVon Hamilton to bounce back and make an impact in a similar role.

OLine...could probably got LT, or more likely a C or G.  WR is a huge need, especially if they hopefully let Ridley walk.  I'm not a big fan of it personally, but a CB would make sense to bolster the secondary.  A lot of directions they could go.  Not sure a DT is the ticket.

I think Hamilton makes a good comeback.  U forget he almost died lost weight ECT with his back infection.

I think a 1st on an edge if he's BPA would be a good choice.  Lets Walker move inside(nickel) and gets another good pass rusher on the field to cover this secondary

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I think Hamilton makes a good comeback.  U forget he almost died lost weight ECT with his back infection.

I think a 1st on an edge if he's BPA would be a good choice.  Lets Walker move inside(nickel) and gets another good pass rusher on the field to cover this secondary

Oh, i don't forget.  I think that's part of why the Byron Murphy pick doesn't really land for me.  I'm not really sure how Hamilton will come back from that.  It was obviously a whole ordeal and you never really know.  But i do think there's at least reason to hope or have some optimism about him bouncing back still.  Which is more than can be said about options at a lot of other spots of more pressing need.

And Edge player would be interesting.  But it doesn't feel like a draft that's particularly strong or deep there.  Seems unlikely to be the real BPA for me, as i think the few good ones are probably going to get pushed up boards and overdrafted out of need.  I'd love to get another stud pass rusher who can rotate and/or push Walker inside for a lot of situational work...i'm just not sure this is the draft to do it in.  But wouldn't mind if they did find that guy.  It'd be a bit of a nice potential "2 for 1" improvement in obvious passing situations, getting better pressure off the edge and better pressure inside with Walker moving there and turned loose.

Verse is probably my #1 edge in this draft so i for sure love the pick to the Falcons at 8.  I am also a FSU fan so thats a double win for me :D     Although as Scar said if Daniels or Maye fall to within striking distance of a 1st this year + next  and maybe 1 more pick then im making that move at 3 if possible.     Even better if either of them fall to 4 or 5 with someone taking Harrison in the top 3.     Im 1000% making a move at 4 or 5  because you can probably get there from 8 for like a 3rd this year and 3rd next year at that point.

• Like 1