Your Draft Hot Takes

Dr LBC

16 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Wow, I didn't even notice. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Funny story.

First they announced that the website was for sale. Then a few weeks later they moved to a subscription model. I figured it was about being able to show how big of a pay base they could gather to show potential buyers. So I subscribed since I use the videos and nobody will cut them down for free. I thought I would be nice since it only cost $2 a month. Soon after I got the idea to link their cuts into my database of players. So I spent two weeks linking EVERY Youtube/DB cut for every player into my database. It was a huge hit. I got a lot of positive feedback for adding it in there. A lot of people use my database so the owner/manager of DB added me on Twitter completely out of the blue. He politely asked me to take the Youtube links out of my database because it was diverting traffic from their website. I understood his point. But I also understood it was fair-use material. I was busy when the owner was messaging me so I didn't catch his messages right away. Later in the day I read through them and his last DM noted "Sorry Jesse for the time being I had to suspend your account." He suspended my account. I was banned from DB for one afternoon. I DM'ed him back and told him I would remove all the links. He un-suspended my account and actually set me up with a free subscription so I would never have to pay the monthly fee again. So I started moving all the DB/Youtube links from my database reports. I made an announcement on Twitter about it. People got mad. I found out over the course of deleting the videos and doing research that they were labeling some of their cuts on Youtube as "private" or "unlisted" meaning they are on Youtube but only if you get the link from DB. Essentially people thought they could search Youtube and go around the DB pay-wall but DB went around that unlisting many of their videos. I told some of my followers this and they couldn't believe it. 

I noticed they haven't added any videos over the past two weeks. Now that the site has no pay-wall I wonder if the site is just dead or if they'll start adding videos later this week and announce something. Very strange. Maybe they got busted for attempting to monetize fair-use material. Who knows. 

If you don't want people freely using your content, then don't put your content on a free platform like Youtube.  Seems a simple concept to me.

I agree that Rasheed Penny is the 2nd best RB in the draft and Gallup is one of the best WR in this draft.

If he comes out, I think Nick Fitzgerald will be one of the better QBs.  He will not go until the 2nd round at the earliest.  He has all the tools to be like Wentz or Prescott but will need a year to correct some mechanics.

This is a poor draft for FS.  One I like has been Jordan Whitehead (Pitt).

As a Steeler fan I have been watching the ILBs.  Outside of Roquan Smith, there are not many that are exciting. Chris Worley (Ohio St.) is one of the better ones I have seen.  My guess is 3rd or 4th round.

23 hours ago, jebrick said:

If he comes out, I think Nick Fitzgerald will be one of the better QBs.  He will not go until the 2nd round at the earliest.  He has all the tools to be like Wentz or Prescott but will need a year to correct some mechanics.

The dude had one of the most horrific leg injuries in years in the Egg Bowl and already stated he is coming back, mainly because it's questionable he'll even be ready for week one.

Should probably at least try using google before making comments like this if you don't follow college football.

Overrated

OT Connor Williams

LB Rashaad Evans

WR Courtland Sutton

DT Christian Wilkins

DE Sam Hubbard

OT Chukwuma Okorafor

DT Taven Bryan

LB Tremaine Edmunds

OT Tyrell Crosby

WR James Washington

S Deshon Elliott

WR D.J. Moore

Underrated

OG Isaiah Wynn

OT Kolton Miller

CB Nick Nelson

RB Kerryon Johnson

WR Jaleel Scott

S Jordan Whitehead

S Marcus Allen

LB Skai Moore

DE Clelin Ferrell

DE Zach Allen

OG Mason Cole

WR J.J. Arcega Whiteside

RB Ito Smith

3 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

The dude had one of the most horrific leg injuries in years in the Egg Bowl and already stated he is coming back, mainly because it's questionable he'll even be ready for week one.

Should probably at least try using google before making comments like this if you don't follow college football.

Amazingly, I know all of this.  He had a severe dislocated ankle.  He also said he was coming back soon after that.  People change their minds.  With the head coach changing there is a chance he could enter the draft...recovery period and all.

10 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Overrated

OT Connor Williams

LB Rashaad Evans

WR Courtland Sutton

DT Christian Wilkins

DE Sam Hubbard

OT Chukwuma Okorafor

DT Taven Bryan

LB Tremaine Edmunds

OT Tyrell Crosby

WR James Washington

S Deshon Elliott

WR D.J. Moore

Underrated

OG Isaiah Wynn

OT Kolton Miller

CB Nick Nelson

RB Kerryon Johnson

WR Jaleel Scott

S Jordan Whitehead

S Marcus Allen

LB Skai Moore

DE Clelin Ferrell

DE Zach Allen

OG Mason Cole

WR J.J. Arcega Whiteside

RB Ito Smith

Overrated your ability to spell Rashaan Evans. Underrated our ability to spell Chukwuma Okorafor.

On 1/4/2018 at 3:59 PM, 48 1/2ers said:

I got a new one but I'm not sure its that hot.

Clelin Ferrell is picked before Bradley Chubb

Flaming. Unless Chubb is caught smoking an unknown substance out of a gas mask, he's going ahead of Ferrell. Heck, he still might go higher.

I've got one I'm semi-confident in: Sam Darold runs a faster 40 than Josh Allen.

I'm highly confidence in this one: Sam Darnold runs a faster 3-cone than Josh Allen.

Archived