Your Draft Hot Takes

Dr LBC

On 1/2/2018 at 2:17 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

NFL teams wont be as high on the QBs as a lot of fans/writers seem to be.

Liar's Month. Remember last year's group being said to not have a 1st rounder in them. Then 3 go in top 15. I'm calling 4 QBs go in 1st round. 2 more in 2nd round imo.

3 hours ago, Classic said:

Liar's Month. Remember last year's group being said to not have a 1st rounder in them. Then 3 go in top 15. I'm calling 4 QBs go in 1st round. 2 more in 2nd round imo.

That being said, I thought last year's crop was pretty heavily underrated.... This year's crop I find pretty heavily OVERrated.

On 1/4/2018 at 3:59 PM, 48 1/2ers said:

I got a new one but I'm not sure its that hot.

Clelin Ferrell is picked before Bradley Chubb

Yeah that’s a hot take. I really like Ferrell, but I’m taking Chubb—whom I find sightly overrated—over Ferrell. Both are below average athletes when talking about R1 defensive ends and aren’t very natural edge benders. They win with tenacity, power and technique in college which is great, but It wish both flashed a little more juice as edge rushers. 

On 1/4/2018 at 3:11 PM, AlNFL19 said:

Damien Harris will be a Pro Bowl, possibly All-Pro, talent at RB.

I hate Damien Harris. He’s a 5th round back to me. Not fast enough and not powerful enough to be considered a future all-pro. I know those traits aren’t REQUIRED to be an elite player, but he just bores me. He has great vision and balance and catches the ball well, but I see average starting RB rather than game changer.

But hot takes are supposed to hot take, so kudos. 

@Ozzy I agree with your overrated/underrated list except for Rashaan Evans. He’s going to be a damn good player, especially if he is in a 3-4 and can be versatile. Or if he’s used in a Jamie Collins type role in a zone blitzing scheme. As a pure linebacker he’s overrated, but his speed, aggressiveness, and ability to shoot gaps and create splash plays is at the top of this class when it comes to LBs.

Roquan Smith has underwhelmed me actually as a pure LB too. This ILB class kind of sucks if you’re looking for a pure MIKE. Josey Jewel might be the best one and I don’t think he’s great. 

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah that’s a hot take. I really like Ferrell, but I’m taking Chubb—whom I find sightly overrated—over Ferrell. Both are below average athletes when talking about R1 defensive ends and aren’t very natural edge benders. They win with tenacity, power and technique in college which is great, but It wish both flashed a little more juice as edge rushers. 

Ferrell is one of the bendiest edge rushers in the class man...seriously he's got a very wide variety of skills that are so impressive for a 20 year old. 

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

@Ozzy I agree with your overrated/underrated list except for Rashaan Evans. He’s going to be a damn good player, especially if he is in a 3-4 and can be versatile. Or if he’s used in a Jamie Collins type role in a zone blitzing scheme. As a pure linebacker he’s overrated, but his speed, aggressiveness, and ability to shoot gaps and create splash plays is at the top of this class when it comes to LBs.

Roquan Smith has underwhelmed me actually as a pure LB too. This ILB class kind of sucks if you’re looking for a pure MIKE. Josey Jewel might be the best one and I don’t think he’s great. 

^^This^^

I see more big ILB(240+) that are run snuffers than the pure Mike.  I think they could learn if they have the athletic ability.  Shazier and Timmons were poor in diagnosing plays quickly but had the athletic ability to get their quickly. 

I think Chris Worley will be one of the better ones after Smith and Evans

On 1/7/2018 at 11:06 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Sorry, must have been someone else I have not posted in this thread.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:20 PM, 48 1/2ers said:

Ferrell is one of the bendiest edge rushers in the class man...seriously he's got a very wide variety of skills that are so impressive for a 20 year old. 

Haven’t seen it. I’ve seen a lot of Ferrell. I love him, but it’s because he’s so well rounded against the run and pass. He seems pretty stiff as an athlete. He wins with multiple moves, but I don’t see him ripping around the edge with pure speed. 

On 12/31/2017 at 12:13 PM, Teen Girl Squad said:

Barkley has Trent Richardson written all over him, great speed, no vision. If he guesses right and the hole is open, he's great, otherwise he just runs into the line for 2 yards. He's a better blocker/pass catcher than TR so you can at least use him like McCaffery/Bush but some team will a mediocre oline will overdraft him in the first thinking he'll 'magic bullet' them to a good run game and be severely underwhelmed.

Good God! Now, there's a bold statement for you!!! 

Where is @stallyns????? Blasphemy!

"I be's outta de NFL."

Image result for Trent Richardson

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Haven’t seen it. I’ve seen a lot of Ferrell. I love him, but it’s because he’s so well rounded against the run and pass. He seems pretty stiff as an athlete. He wins with multiple moves, but I don’t see him ripping around the edge with pure speed. 

Might not be as bendy as a Mia Malikova but this dude is everything I want my team to have in an edge rusher. 

Archived