F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

30 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Hey, Josh Rosen is available for politic/Jets comedy.  Sign him. lol

We're not winning the AFC anyway. Lol Do whatever. We're going to make it to the playoffs and get our cheeks clapped in the first round. For the free agents we want, Rodgers has to convince people he will play for 2 years. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We're not winning the AFC anyway. Lol Do whatever. We're going to make it to the playoffs and get our cheeks clapped in the first round. For the free agents we want, Rodgers has to convince people he will play for 2 years. 

I hate that this low bar is going to get Douglas and Saleh extended. Like 45% of teams make the playoffs now. It’s not an impressive accomplishment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

dont be so sure we even make it

33 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

dont be so sure we even make it

I really meant it in a bad way. We're just going to put ourselves out of drafting a starting QB. 

So I'm up for drafting a QB or trading for one this off season.

10 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Was a very big Joe Douglas supporter. He’s lost. He can’t build a winner and can’t balance the salary cap. We are the new Cleveland Browns with no light in sight. 

He’s as mediocre as it gets, and if it wasn’t for the 2022 draft he’d be worse than McCagnan. 

Douglas had a vision, but unfortunately in the professional world your judged on results, not intentions. He’ll be gone next year.

Huff is a unicorn, the magic is there, but how much of it is the rainbow? Huff had 10 sacks this year, 2 in the final game of the season. 

What has to be asked is how much of Huff's success can be attributed to the talent lining up around him. That being the case, lets say, just for arguments sake that 3 of those sacks were opportunistic. 

50 Million dollars for a guy who realistically on one of the best defenses in the NFL avg 7 sacks a year the past 2 years?

Shades of the ghost of Carl Lawson!!!! Huff was excellent at what he did, but there are players like Hunter who got paid 25 million a year for 2 years who averages about 17 sacks a year.

Who would you rather have? I can't blame any player for taking the money and running. I think as fans we expect some loyalty. But its a slap in the face reminder, that the NFL is a business and everyone associated with it treats it as suck.

Were the suckers who think there is some kind of romantic notion that players stay with a team because they love the city or the organization or for that matter the fans.

SHOW ME THE MONEY HONEY!!!!!

39 minutes ago, Big T said:

Huff is a unicorn, the magic is there, but how much of it is the rainbow? Huff had 10 sacks this year, 2 in the final game of the season. 

I am one of the few that do not mind Huff leaving.  Not that I wanted him to go, but because there was little reason to drop $17M on a player when we already have talent at the position.  That is how you build a sustainable roster.  Draft the replacements BEFORE they are needed like Pitt does with WR's.  As fans, we can get attached to a player, but I would rather have a winning sustainable franchise rather than keeping a player we like if not needed.  That is Huff.

However, I think you vastly underestimate how effective he was.  He was near the top in the league in pressure rate for two straight years.  He was what Lawson was supposed to be.  Forget gaudy sack numbers, they are for the media and agents to hype up players.  Pressure rate is what really counts and Huff was very good at pressure rates.  Where I think Huff may have trouble is how Philly uses him.  Huff was a great rotational piece.  If Philly plans to play him on every down, I think his effectiveness will decline.  But that is there problem.

Now where is the damn OT we are supposed to get!!!!

• Like 1