Packers Signing RB Josh Jacobs

Certainly worthy of its own thread. Saquan was the back on my radar, but this has been something on my mind ever since watching the Niners dominate with McCaffrey and even before that the Rams with Gurley. This system thrives with dynamic backs.

• Like 2

Just made a thread, mods please delete. 

It makes sense they wanted a dynamic RB who could still fill the power back role of AJD. I’m not in the pay RBs big money camp but we have the luxury of a WR and TE corps being in rookie deals. One thing that stands out in his highlights is that he can catch the ball as well as pound it. I hope he comes in healthy and ready to eat. 

https://youtu.be/HKUUFD68nGc?si=l9lqeogIm1VyL-WL

•  

TON of usage with McDaniels as HC in '22 and very involved in the passing game in '23 with McDaniels still in charge.   Looked like he gained effectiveness as a runner after Pierce took over other than vs MIA and MIN.    Had a holdout to start the year and a quad injury during the season.    

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The longer we wait to find out, the better it is for the Packers.

OK then, let's hold off on the #'s until TC begins so we get him for the vet minimum for 3 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

OK then, let's hold off on the #'s until TC begins so we get him for the vet minimum for 3 years. 

I don't think that's likely but when a team moves to meet an agent's asking price then the agent always crows about the number.  When the two sides have to compromise to make the deal fit both sides, it's never anything that fits nicely in a headline.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

This is so sick. Bring back AJ and this offense is going to be insane.

And Love/AJ/Jacobs will still be making less than like 5+ QBs.

AJ Dillon is a very nice human being, but not a very good professional football player. Extend Jones for 2 more year and bring his cap number way down in 2024. 

• Like 2