Packers Signing RB Josh Jacobs

Just now, FinneasGage said:

im just gonna pray this is like when they released hawk and then gave him a new deal like immediately after 

This was talked about last week, that we could release and then re-sign. We'll see I guess

I have to disagree with the take in the last few posts. I like A Jones great player and great locker room guy. But he's also been fairly hampered by injuries the last couple years. Age and he does fumble here and there I mean they all do. Jacobs is younger and has the ablity to catch i think in watching him he may be even more natural as a pass catcher then Jones. Nothing against Jones but if the math is similar I think the Pack have won. 

With our cap, i'm not sure there was every a chance that both were here. As per rumors Jacobs was signed when Jones deal wasn't looking good. Gute got us a fine back that needs a head coach like MLF to use him better. I could see him getting quite a few catches this year. 

• Like 2

Look, from a business standpoint it makes sense. Jacobs is 3 years younger at a position with a VERY short shelf life. The thing that worries me about this is how it affects the locker room. The Packers are/were the youngest team in the NFL. There is meaning to having quality vets around all those young guys to bring leadership and guidance. Jones was very clearly that guy that all the young offensive players leaned on. I mean they all said it, Jones was the heartbeat of the team

IDK man, this whole thing isn't good for the team vibes. Jones already took a paycut prior, and was more than willing to discuss a restructure again and now he's just given the boot

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Huh I said Jacob's at the start of the offseason. I was told he was booty then.

I'm about this. Upgrade from Dillon at least. How to find a new Jones though...

Draft Jaylen Wright with pick #91.

• Like 1