The FFMD Draft Only March Madness 2024 *DISCUSSION* Thread

MikeT14

10 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

also love the Eagles & Cards trade for Reddick.  Coming IRL?  Let's see if they nailed it

Likely not from what reports are saying. Howie Roseman does not want to deal with Monti Ossenfort after the Jonathan Gannon tampering last year 

10 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Wright , Guerendo, & one other back are the three I like in this draft.. the other is still out there

That being said, I don't trust none of y'all and did not want to take a chance. :lol:

At this point, just looking to plug very specific roles on offense & defense. 

Not looking for starters... just depth / options

Edit: also love the Eagles & Cards trade for Reddick.  Coming IRL?  Let's see if they nailed it

That's the issue to me with this running back Class there's few HBs that I'd really like if they were going to get 20-30 Carries a game like the old NFL but don't like them enough in today NFL where that turns into 10 carries 5 catches which lowers there values and ups the value of Wright and Gurendo to me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Likely not from what reports are saying. Howie Roseman does not want to deal with Monti Ossenfort after the Jonathan Gannon tampering last year 

WHOOOAAAA... thanks for inside scoop.  Interesting stuff... I did hear Texans & Reddick before Hunter signing. 

I also heard Texans were sniffing around Sweat, but that seemed like more rumor than fact.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

More good picks. Taylor and Puni are good values here.

I love me some Malik Washington. Very underrated receiver.

For me the most underrated in the class...some of the quickness of the likes of Flowers or Downs from last year but more like an RB after the catch...in the right scheme he could be great in the pros.

• Like 3

Now that I'm waiting two more rounds to pick again, seems like a good time to review the Giants draft so far...

Added 2025 Denver 1st and 2nd, 2025 Dallas 2nd

1.12 - Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
2.6 - Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington
3.23 - Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College
4.6 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
4.7 - DeWayne Carter, INT, Duke

With the hindsight of knowing I'd be adding another 2nd round pick from Dallas, I might've forgone the Penix Jr. trade up and pick. The Giants are pretty well equipped to potentially move up next draft for a QB now. Plus I think the receiver talent dried up and was never strong at my next few picks, leaving me wishing I'd taken a receiver in the 2nd. Overall though I think this would be a nice win for the Giants at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Decent landing spot for Rattler. Let him sit behind and learn from Taylor Heinicke. 

I really didn't want to pick QB but felt like this is something the Falcons was do.

And one of my draft Crushes I want Washington to use a 3rd on is still on the board but not a position I think the Falcons are going.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Now that I'm waiting two more rounds to pick again, seems like a good time to review the Giants draft so far...

With the hindsight of knowing I'd be adding another 2nd round pick from Dallas, I might've forgone the Penix Jr. trade up and pick. The Giants are pretty well equipped to potentially move up next draft for a QB now. Plus I think the receiver talent dried up and was never strong at my next few picks, leaving me wishing I'd taken a receiver in the 2nd. Overall though I think this would be a nice win for the Giants at this point.

Absolutely killed the first 3 picks... Add in the 2025 picks, A++.

If Texans needed an IOL, Mahogany was our target.

54 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Now that you've added a DT, might I suggest trading Dexter Lawrence for Tee Higgins? Bengals are looking for a good run stopping NT. Offer is good for other teams too, if you have a premium NT.