Vikings Sign RB Aaron Jones

@vegas492, a Packer fan:

"As a locker room/community guy, there's none better than Aaron Jones.

And he's a pretty darned good running back who is also very good at running routes.  Doesn't really have breakaway speed anymore, but he is fast enough and his acceleration is excellent, to go along with his vision.  Just don't run him into the ground, he's not a high volume RB right now.  Keep him fresh.

I'm still upset that GB couldn't find $7M to pay him this season.  This seems like a great contract for AJ33 even if he is a little more injury prone now.

Vikes are better for this move....GB is worse with this move.

He will go down as one of my favorite Packers."

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Should be fun to see him in purple! 
No comp pick given, and from what it sounds is he is one of everyone’s favorite packers for not just on the field but off the field!

There's legit no way to bag on Jones' game or the person.  He's polite.  He's respectful.  He will do work in the community and he's never going to be a guy that keeps the front office up at night wondering where he is or what he is doing and how it can blowback against the club.

On the field, he's explosive for 5-10-15 yards.  Great vision.  Just enough power.  Decent wiggle.  He can run great routes, and his hands are very good.  He knows football well enough to see where the blitz is coming from and he's willing to sacrifice his body to block the blitz, even when it isn't assigned to him.  He's everything you want from a RB.

Except....his age and injury history now.  And that is why you have him.  Don't overuse him.  Keep him fresh.  With your TE and WR, he may get nice running opportunities.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Grave Digger!!!

One of the biggest defensive mistakes that Denny ever made...cutting him after drafting him in the 3rd (because he was overweight).

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

One of the biggest defensive mistakes that Denny ever made...cutting him after drafting him in the 3rd (because he was overweight).

Imagine a defensive tackle rotation of John Randle, Gilbert Brown, and Warren Sapp?!

Denny just didn’t know defense. 

On a personal level, losing Aaron Jones absolutely sucks.  One of the nicest people in that Packers' locker room.  He was amazing that last 5 games, but he battled injuries all year long.  Hopefully that isn't an issue.

• Like 2

While Aaron Jones mostly downplayed the move from one NFC North team to another, he did acknowledge that his return to Green Bay in the regular season will have some extra juice to it.

Jones: “It’s going to be fun. It’s going to be a lot of fun. I’m just, ball. You know what it is? I mean, I’ve played in hostile situations, hostile areas, whatever. But to me, at the end of the day, it’s just going to be ball. I’m going back to where I used to play at the end of the day, but it’s just ball. Just go out there and make a statement.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-jones-its-going-to-be-fun-to-go-back-to-lambeau-field

• Like 1

We have been so active this offseason that I keep forgetting we got this guy in the house now. 

I think he has more than enough in the tank to produce quality numbers and he is easily a massive upgrade to Mattison, he should form a nice 1-2 punch with Chandler and give us some consistent pass pro from the RB spot.

• Like 1