Marcus Mariota signed to 1 year, $10m deal

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is the first one I absolutely hate. This is awful. Howell is far better. Just a silly signing and I guess this means we’re going with the stick figure at QB. 

Well we finally agree 🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Henry maybe going to Dallas. If true this is another bad signning (Mariota) for us. 

He already agreed to the Ravens? Is he swapping?

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

I thought that too.  But I am not a fan of this one.  I understand getting a qb of similar style but on the other hand wouldn't we want Daniels to have more of a pocket passer or rather a qb who works best in structure to learn from.  

Oh im 100% not a fan of the player but I don’t mind having a player with a similar skillset backing you up. But to the player no not a fan.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Oh im 100% not a fan of the player but I don’t mind having a player with a similar skillset backing you up. But to the player no not a fan.

The negative is this tells me Kingsbury is going to run a super simple offense, because from what I have seen in recent years, Mariota can't do much more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

The negative is this tells me Kingsbury is going to run a super simple offense, because from what I have seen in recent years, Mariota can't do much more.

For the first year, and a with a rookie QB, this might be for the best. Have a run heavy focused offense that doesn't put the full pressure on the QB. Something that Eric Bieniemy was incapable of doing.

I still think Mariota is a terrible signing and hate that he is going to be in our locker room. I hope he never sees the field.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

For the first year, and a with a rookie QB, this might be for the best. Have a run heavy focused offense that doesn't put the full pressure on the QB. Something that Eric Bieniemy was incapable of doing.

I still think Mariota is a terrible signing and hate that he is going to be in our locker room. I hope he never sees the field.

Good points

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Armstrong, Biadasz, Luvu, and Ekeler are all starting caliber players. Biadasz and Ekeler are former pro bowlers. Luvu is one of the highest rated LBs over the past 3 seasons. Armstrong could have been overpaid, but I think he will be solid for us. 

Not to mention we have a LG, TE and Kicker now on decent contracts.

Yeah. I agree. I also don't get all the hate for Biadasz. In 1299 snaps he gave up 4 sacks (IIRC). He was the 4th best in that category. And for all the complaints about his size, he certainly was able to keep our "all-world" DTs quiet last year when he played us.

• Like 3

I get some folks not being in love with every signing. I’d just like to remind everyone this roster is a ton better off than is was 36 hours ago. 

-They didn’t break the bank for any of them. I thought Armstrong was a little expensive, but I’m fine with it because they had no talent on the edge. 

-As far as Mariota, veteran backup QB’s cost 10 million. Its 1 year, get over it. 

-No one is signed longer than 3 years, meaning they’ll either be gone or EARNED another deal before this years draft classes rookie deals are up. There will be little to no dead money

-This years rookie class are now surrounded by established vets, leaders, in every meeting room. That matters. 

-For the first time in a generation that building has become a destination. The years of overpaying seem to be over. 

-Probably most importantly, this FA class frees up Peters to not have to meet every glaring need in the draft. Even move down and add picks next year. We’re in a good spot gentlemen. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

-Probably most importantly, this FA class frees up Peters to not have to meet every glaring need in the draft. Even move down and add picks next year. We’re in a good spot gentlemen. 

My Man!

• Like 1