Week 15 Game Day Thread

Crickett

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Sadly, a Steelers win would just remind me of 2004 when those 3 teams were clearly the best and the Steelers seemed to have the inside track only for Tom and Bill to blow up our spot.

patriots defense just isnt that good this year for this to happen

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

CenturyLink is still a huge home-field advantage. The Seahawks are just getting beat by a better team with better coaching. The flukey plays from last game have also gone completely the other way this week.

40-0? That's more than just getting beat by a better team, and this is not the first time a better team has strolled into Seattle.

From 2012-2016 they were 39-6 at home, and outscored opponents by 12.4 points a game. On the road they were 24-20-1, and outscored opponents by just 4 points a game. Those 6 losses? All by 1 score or less. 4 of which were against divisional foes (and 3 of which in week 16),  the other 2 against the 12-4 Cowboys and 15-1 Panthers.

This year they're going to be 4-3 at home and 4-3 on the road. +9 at home (as of 40-0 score),  +20 on the road. Obviously a small sample size here, but it's going to include losses to probable non-playoff teams in the Redskins and Falcons, and a blowout loss. Either they are playing drastically better on the road, or much worse at home. At the very least, the recent "aura" they've built around that stadium has to be shattered after a loss, and season, like this one.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

I disagree. It's better in patches, but the inability to stem a flow is killer.

Those defenses could get a key stop to save their lives and it cost us every year. There's a reason why Belichick went out and just loaded the secondary afterwards. I'll take this over that any day. Our biggest issues the last few weeks have been the offense 

Archived