Titans sign WR Calvin Ridley

Forge

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I haven't see the structure so maybe they have outs, but if they are paying 31 year old Calvin Ridley $23 million to play WR I'd imagine people will not be looking at that very favorably. Sure the contract will come down comparatively, but that is still way too much money for him.

But I don't rate him highly at all so take that for what it is worth. I have very little faith he is getting back to anything close to what he did in his best years in ATL. He had some big games for the Jags, but my god he also was abysmal in a lot of them.

I don't rate him highly either. I think he's a fine player, but not much more than that.

But as I noted in my response to Flacco, our WR depth chart is DeAndre Hopkins followed up by trash. Westbrook-Ikhine is the only other guy on the depth chart who would even see the field else where, and most places that'd just be on special teams, with some snaps as a #4 WR. And he's our #2(well, was before Ridley). Won't be shocked if we still go WR at #7.

I wish the cap didn't raise so much so maybe Higgins and Evans would have hit the market. That'd have been nice. Oh well.

This is funny as heck.

I mean, it's annoying that Ridley will probably actually do something worthwhile twice a year, against the Jaguars now.  But still worth it for the Titans to be stuck with such a frustrating, bad player on such an insanely bloated contract.  Like...he's not even good.  The stats actually make him look a lot better than he really is.  He's butter soft and mentally flakey.  Disappears the majority of the time and basically has to either be directly schemed a target, or manage to run right by a busted coverage, in order to accomplish anything. 

I'm just so relieved that the Jaguars did not retain his services.  Good riddance to this useless, overrated name recognition cruising bum.  And the fact it's the Titans just makes it so much funnier.  😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

This is funny as heck.

I mean, it's annoying that Ridley will probably actually do something worthwhile twice a year, against the Jaguars now.  But still worth it for the Titans to be stuck with such a frustrating, bad player on such an insanely bloated contract.  Like...he's not even good.  The stats actually make him look a lot better than he really is.  He's butter soft and mentally flakey.  Disappears the majority of the time and basically has to either be directly schemed a target, or manage to run right by a busted coverage, in order to accomplish anything. 

I'm just so relieved that the Jaguars did not retain his services.  Good riddance to this useless, overrated name recognition cruising bum.  And the fact it's the Titans just makes it so much funnier.  😆

This is all valid, but your team also signed Gabe Davis to 13M.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No doubt, like just sign AJ. This is horrendous. 

Does like no one know that the GM that didn’t sign AJ got fired, pretty much for not resigning AJ?

Sure it is a gamble for TEN but I bet Ridley is happy. Sometimes you have to just roll the dice and let the chips fall where they may. Unfortunately I do not see TEN making book on this one.

5 minutes ago, General Tso said:

This is all valid, but your team also signed Gabe Davis to 13M.

Agreed.  That also kinda sucks.

But i'd take Gabe Davis straight up over Ridley tbh.  They're basically the same player, except Gabe is bigger/taller and can actually show a tiny shred of intensity every once in a while.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Does like no one know that the GM that didn’t sign AJ got fired, pretty much for not resigning AJ?

He probably should've re-signed AJ and not got fired imo.

4 minutes ago, Soko said:

My copium says I’m glad NE didn’t out bid for that contract 

Not even copium.  You should be letting out an enormous sigh of relief that the Patriots "lost out" on this "sweepstakes".  lol.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

A lot of money, but don't really care. Titans have cap space on top of cap space to just sling, and cap is going to keep rising, and WRs are going to keep surpassing him in yearly value(he's 10thish? right now I think) so whatever.

My concern is him returning to Atlanta form. If he can do that, cool. If he sucks, welp, just gotta eat the hit.

As long as he doesn't go to Treylon Burks form!

For that reason, and that reason alone, you should have gave that contract to KJ Osborn instead!!!

41 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Well there is a salary floor, for one thing.

Second, you want to evaluate if Levis is the guy. Give him some credible weapons and an offensive line and evaluate him for this year and next.

Have the Titans done anything to upgrade the OL so far, or are they banking on the draft?

32 minutes ago, Titansfan said:

Yeah but no one with any say running the Titans today was here when that happened so can’t really call them for it… Guessing they should just give up seeing as the previous powers that be ruined things. 

31 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Almost like the guys who did that got fired or something.

owner is still there