Texans trade 23rd pick to Vikings for 42nd, 188th, and 2025 2nd

minutemancl

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

The biggest takeaway in this particular instance should be "hm, maybe everyone clamoring that the Texans got 'hosed' based on some arbitrary, opinion-centered, data-less, ancient TVC is not the best takeaway. Perhaps the Houston FO isn't stupid and/or doesn't use that aforementioned TVC whatsoever."

Another takeaway could be that maybe you are trying to come up with reasons why your hated division rival didn't actually come out ahead on a deal.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Another takeaway could be that maybe you are trying to come up with reasons why your hated division rival didn't actually come out ahead on a deal.

Well that would be a stupid takeaway given my history of supporting the same TVC I brought up in cases that had absolutely nothing to do with Minnesota, Green Bay or anything to do with my fandom at all.

Edited by incognito_man

Like Houston is probably estimating that with a rookie QB and/or Sam Darnold and 2 really good teams in the division (plus the Bears probably improving with a better QB) that the Vikings SRP in 2025 is in the upper part of that round.  Like that matters.  A 2025 second round picks from the Vikings versus a 2025 second round picks from the Lions are viewed as different assets from the perspective of a team acquiring them.

41 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

trade idea.

MIN trade 11 and 23 and maybe like a 3rd next year for #4 overall.

AZ trades back up to 5 but with 11 and 27. AZ gets a 3rd next year and moves up from 23 to 27 and still gets MHJ!

Gonna take a bit more than that...and since they don't have a SRP this year or next year to deal they're going to be limited.

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't think you can pry #4 out of the Cardinals hands unless MHJ goes #3.  Not only is WR their biggest need and MHJ is a rare prospect, but the Cardinals also have 27 and 35 and probably do not need to make like 5 picks in the top 50 in this draft.  Like you're not getting their attention without offering multiple future premium picks.

We said the EXACT same thing about Arizona last year when Will Anderson fell into their lap, and they traded out with Houston.  I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they traded out of the 4th spot to Minnesota and then moved back up the board to grab either Odunze or Nabers somewhere in that 6-8 range.  And if Arizona moves out of the 4th spot, I'd fully anticipate them taking a pound of flesh in the process if it's Minnesota.  I think if their choice is the Giants' package (#6 and #47) or the Vikings (#11 and #23), I think they're far more likely to take the Giants' package.  And that's assuming the packages are anywhere in that price range.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We said the EXACT same thing about Arizona last year when Will Anderson fell into their lap, and they traded out with Houston.  I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they traded out of the 4th spot to Minnesota and then moved back up the board to grab either Odunze or Nabers somewhere in that 6-8 range.  And if Arizona moves out of the 4th spot, I'd fully anticipate them taking a pound of flesh in the process if it's Minnesota.  I think if their choice is the Giants' package (#6 and #47) or the Vikings (#11 and #23), I think they're far more likely to take the Giants' package.  And that's assuming the packages are anywhere in that price range.

I think it's just going to be significantly cheaper to get 5 from the Chargers than 4 from the Cardinals.  Since the Chargers don't value a QB (they have one) or a WR (Harbaugh's their coach) very greatly, and they've already got a left tackle (so they'd rather get Fuaga than Alt), they should already be looking to move back anyway.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think them trading out of Anderson & getting that Texans pick is the reason they won’t do it again considering Houston’s pick ended up way worse than Arizona & everyone else anticipated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think it's just going to be significantly cheaper to get 5 from the Chargers than 4 from the Cardinals.  Since the Chargers don't value a QB (they have one) or a WR (Harbaugh's their coach) very greatly, and they've already got a left tackle (so they'd rather get Fuaga than Alt), they should already be looking to move back anyway.

I honestly don't.  Assuming that that the Cardinals don't trade out of that #4 spot, they're probably have their choice of any of the non-Marvin Harrison Jr. prospects in this year's draft.  Or they could dangle that pick for a king's ransom knowing that the last remaining top QB prospect is available.  If you're the Chargers and you have your choice of one of the elite LT or WR prospects, or you can move down to #11 and almost assuredly miss out on all of them which would you rather have?  Unless Minnesota (or another team is overwhelming me), I'm taking the elite prospect.  The 23rd pick in a solid draft isn't motivating me to move off that spot.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you're the Chargers and you have your choice of one of the elite LT or WR prospects

The Chargers already have one of the best left tackles in the league with Rashawn Slater.  Why are you drafting another Left Tackle?  If they wanted to have a dominant OL they'd be better off trading 5 for 2 FRPs and drafting like Fuaga and Barton. I just don't see a Harbaugh offense valuing "elite WR" all that highly either.

• Like 1