Texans trade 23rd pick to Vikings for 42nd, 188th, and 2025 2nd

minutemancl

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would the Pats consider  #11, #23 and say a 2nd and/or 3rd to move to #3? How does the value chart look?

The value chart is irrelevant for a trade when the pick is high enough that everyone knows the player involved. It's either Maye/Daniels, not a standard 3rd overall pick.

The Rams-RG3 trade is an excellent example of this. Moving up from 6 to 2 would never cost 2 extra first round picks under normal circumstances.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

JJ McCarthy about to be a Minnesota Viking after they trade again for the Chargers pick.

Feels like they’re trying to get NE’s pick more than ours.

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Wonder why they gave up then. They had to know Minnesota was going to he desperate to move up for a QB.

Because the Vikings know that first round pick will be early next year if they are starting D'Arnold/Rookie QB. 

You don't move to 4 this early before the draft unless you like 4 QBs. If the Vikings move up to 4 soon, that means they like JJ McCarthy as much as the other top guys in this draft. If they can only get to 5, I can't imagine that trade happens before draft day. You don't want to risk getting jumped at 4 somehow and be left holding the bag if/when QBs go 1-4.

If that is the case though, you're looking at Marvin Harrison Jr donning the powder blues, I'd imagine. That'd be a hell of a get for a team who just got rid of Mike Williams and Keenan Allen.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Or the league has finally realized that future year picks are worth mostly the same as present year picks, and the standard full round depreciation penalty fans expect is an absolutely insane premium.

Eh, it's just applying financial principles to draft. Value now is better than value later.

16 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Doubt New England passes on a QB at #3.

Depends if Jayden Daniels is a size threshold fit for what Eliot Wolf likes. Comes from the GB school. Either way, I’d be shocked if there was a trade before draft night - got to see who Washington takes before getting out.

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Eh, it's just applying financial principles to draft. Value now is better than value later.

Me too. If you invest in the S&P 500 you'd expect 10-12% yearly (+/- a wide range). The Jimmy Johnson value chart had a depreciation of about 40% YOY if you apply a 1 round penalty to future picks.

That market has desperately needed correction for a long time now.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Me too. If you invest in the S&P 500 you'd expect 10-12% yearly (+/- a wide range). The Jimmy Johnson value chart had a depreciation of about 40% YOY if you apply an even round penalty to future picks.

That market has desperately needed correction for a long time now.

I, as a totally unbiased fan, think the Vikings will finish last in this division, so that future pick could be valuable.

Signs have been pointing to Minnesota trading up for JJ McCarthy, or maybe Penix/Nox (highly doubt it).. New York and LAC have plenty of holes to fill and 2 FRPs this year would go a long way. Could land a very good tackle and WR at 11/23

It's going to be

Chicago- Caleb

Wash- Daniels

NE- Maye

Arizona- Marv

Minn- JJ

NYG- Nabers? Alt?

• Like 1