Texans trade 23rd pick to Vikings for 42nd, 188th, and 2025 2nd

minutemancl

2 minutes ago, Nbanflguy said:

I dont think so. "Bad" Vikings teams pretty much bottom out at 7-9 and now 7-10. Addison, Hock, JJ, and Aaron Jones arent going 5-12. Barring health of course

They don’t have a QB or their best defensive player…

• Like 2

Don't mind it for Houston tbh - future picks are undervalued and there's good reason to think next year's class will be deeper. Vikings have painted themselves into a corner at QB with a thin squad, so it is what it is. If the next result is one move up for JJ McCarthy, then I'd be slightly worried. 

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Just because we don't know who the best defensive player is yet doesn't mean the Vikings don't have one. 

Their best defensive player for most of the last seven seasons*

Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Soko said:

They don’t have a QB or their best defensive player…

You talking about Hunter? Love Hunter, but its not like we didnt replace him. We arent going from like a 8.5/10 player to a 0/10. Going from a 8.5/10 to a younger 7/10. Not the end of the world. You would have to assume Darnold is terrible so we go to our first round pick QB early who is also terrible for us to go 4-13 or 5-12. Even below average QB play gets us to 7-10 again. Like historically our "bad" seasons are. Putting the 2nd round pick in the 40's

• Like 1

Yeah trading your pick away before not knowing who's available at the time is nuts. And to do it for just a second round pick in the next draft is just strange. I could see if it was for a FRP at least. 

As a Bucs fan though I thought the Texans would be a team to take an EDGE or iOL first round so I'm fine with it.

Edited by indifference

16 minutes ago, Nbanflguy said:

You talking about Hunter? Love Hunter, but its not like we didnt replace him. We arent going from like a 8.5/10 player to a 0/10. Going from a 8.5/10 to a younger 7/10. Not the end of the world. You would have to assume Darnold is terrible so we go to our first round pick QB early who is also terrible for us to go 4-13 or 5-12. Even below average QB play gets us to 7-10 again. Like historically our "bad" seasons are. Putting the 2nd round pick in the 40's

That’s a pretty lofty assumption, on your end. Danielle Hunter is a near elite pass rusher and has been for most of his career. With Greenard, you’re praying he stays healthy and gets to the level that Hunter is already at. For 2024, it’s a massive downgrade. 

And yeah, Darnold is awful. Bringing in McCarthy doesn’t raise the team to a 7 win floor, lol. I couldn’t care less what the team does historically. Historically, NE doesn’t really pick in the top 3 - guess where they’re picking this year? Every year’s different.

I’m not even saying that I expect Minnesota to do worse, but putting 7 wins as their floor is hilarious. The Rams went from a SB championship to 5 wins the following year. The Chargers with Justin Herbert, Ekeler, Williams, Allen, Bosa, Mack, and Derwin dropped from 10 wins to 5 with minimal changes to the roster. The Giants brought back the same team and same coaching staff but dropped from a playoff spot to a top 6 pick. Floors are always a lot lower than fans think. There’s no way that everything possible goes wrong for Minnesota and in the worst case scenario, they field the same record as last year, lol.

Edited by Soko
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would the Pats consider  #11, #23 and say a 2nd and/or 3rd to move to #3? How does the value chart look?

I would do it.

I’d try to milk them for next year’s FRP (11, 23, 2025 FRP) but if they stuck, I’d pull that trigger. 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would the Pats consider  #11, #23 and say a 2nd and/or 3rd to move to #3? How does the value chart look?

Value alone for the 11th and 23rd pick would be around the 3rd overall pick. Its actually higher. So i dont see a need to give up anything more than those two picks. 

• Like 2