Pickett-ing his way to Philly.

So this is something:

Every QB who wars traded to let go by their franchise this offseason penned a thank you to the team, fans, and city. 

Well all except one. Kenny Pickett. 

Only guy to post nothing of a thank you or even acknowledging the opportunity given. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

So this is something:

Every QB who wars traded to let go by their franchise this offseason penned a thank you to the team, fans, and city. 

Only guy to post nothing of a thank you or even acknowledging the opportunity given. 

He also didn't acknowledge any signings by the team. I saw nothing after Mason Cole was released nor after Diontae Johnson was traded. Normally, QBs who are leaders, show support through social media. Does Pickett need to stick to the ways other QBs do things? No but QBs are normally what you call the company guys. Oh well, hope he enjoys being Hurts backup. Maybe the Eagles will make him battle Mariotta for the number 2 spot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, armsteeld said:

He also didn't acknowledge any signings by the team. I saw nothing after Mason Cole was released nor after Diontae Johnson was traded. Normally, QBs who are leaders, show support through social media. Does Pickett need to stick to the ways other QBs do things? No but QBs are normally what you call the company guys. Oh well, hope he enjoys being Hurts backup. Maybe the Eagles will make him battle Mariotta for the number 2 spot. 

Mariota is with the Commanders. Tanner McKee is the backup he’ll battle with.

Either way, yea.  Sometimes guys just show you who they are.  Even if someone else runs his social media (thinking George Pickens and Ben) they are often directed that they need to acknowledge this stuff.  So either he has someone else run it and told them not to do this stuff, or he does run it himself and is choosing not to do any of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So this is something:

I noticed that as well.  I'm starting to lean more on the 'I believe' button, IRT the negative stories on Pickett, because his actions are starting to represent a similar narrative.  It's unfortunate, because he was given a great opportunity. And while I understand his being disappointed in how the situation played out, someone (his agent??) needs to start giving him 'the truth', and get him to mature.  Not everyone gets what they want all the time, in fact, it's closer to the opposite.  How many people get the opportunity to be a 1st Rd pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers, and be the starting QB of the team the majority of two seasons.  That's like, a dream come true for most, if not all of us here; the least he can do is offer some positive sentiment to the fans, and the team, who gave him those opportunities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ward4HOF said:

I noticed that as well.  I'm starting to lean more on the 'I believe' button, IRT the negative stories on Pickett, because his actions are starting to represent a similar narrative.  It's unfortunate, because he was given a great opportunity. And while I understand his being disappointed in how the situation played out, someone (his agent??) needs to start giving him 'the truth', and get him to mature.  Not everyone gets what they want all the time, in fact, it's closer to the opposite.  How many people get the opportunity to be a 1st Rd pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers, and be the starting QB of the team the majority of two seasons.  That's like, a dream come true for most, if not all of us here; the least he can do is offer some positive sentiment to the fans, and the team, who gave him those opportunities.

Add in apparently he had a workout with the WR’s scheduled before the news of Russell signing broke, and within the hour he cancelled the workout. Like that’s not great right there because he basically immediately said he wasn’t interested in fighting.  To me it’s rather interesting that his preference was to go somewhere and be a backup rather than fight for his job.  Because to me that is a sign of what his work ethic is like if he doesn’t want to fight.  Combined with what @JustPlainNasty said about him saying the time on the sideline did nothing for him - even Ben knew enough to talk about how time on the sideline was always good for him.  Like, how are you not even media savvy enough to say that it was helpful to talk to coaches as the game went along to understand how they see the game?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

So this is something:

colbert striked again

what a wasted RD1 pick

it was said there was only 1 other RD1 pick this franchise has ever given up on sooner, who was it (trivia) xD

Khan mopping up the colbert cobwebs, and still has a ways to go. Don't stop now

If Khan was around a few years earlier, Bush wouldn't have played out his deal here either.  Burns, Bush, Jarvis, Pickett,  I don't see any of these in the forecast with Khan/Weidl running the team.  RD1 picks will be solid blue chip prospects, not risks or reaches

Edited by 3rivers

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Add in apparently he had a workout with the WR’s scheduled before the news of Russell signing broke, and within the hour he cancelled the workout. Like that’s not great right there because he basically immediately said he wasn’t interested in fighting.  To me it’s rather interesting that his preference was to go somewhere and be a backup rather than fight for his job.  Because to me that is a sign of what his work ethic is like if he doesn’t want to fight.  Combined with what @JustPlainNasty said about him saying the time on the sideline did nothing for him - even Ben knew enough to talk about how time on the sideline was always good for him.  Like, how are you not even media savvy enough to say that it was helpful to talk to coaches as the game went along to understand how they see the game?

could it be the way this new generation is, or are is KP just that weak in character? Social media is lame, so I don't use that as a way to verify character.  Cancelled workouts, not learning on the sidelines and refusing to be the reserve QB all got him out of here the 2nd soonest of any RD1 pick this franchise has had :D 

we know tomlin didn't like Mason, so for him to play Mason instead of KP when KP was healthy said all that was needed. 

Well now we got a Kenny defender on twitter claiming to know that Mason was offered a contract pre-FA, supposedly for what Mitch was supposed to get, sat on it, then the Steelers went for Wilson, when Mason showed up to sign the deal the Steelers pulled it because Wilson was going to accept the Steelers offer, then Mason told Kenny to get out because they were going to play games with him.

Gotta be honest, I find it really hard to believe because that meant Mason had a $7MM deal on the table and sat on it to see what was available in FA.

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Doesn't even mention the Steelers specifically 

I like Mike Frazier because he calls things as they are, but he’s really struggling to be subjective with the Kenny thing and is still making excuses.

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Well now we got a Kenny defender on twitter claiming to know that Mason was offered a contract pre-FA, supposedly for what Mitch was supposed to get, sat on it, then the Steelers went for Wilson, when Mason showed up to sign the deal the Steelers pulled it because Wilson was going to accept the Steelers offer, then Mason told Kenny to get out because they were going to play games with him.

Gotta be honest, I find it really hard to believe because that meant Mason had a $7MM deal on the table and sat on it to see what was available in FA.

Is it bad that I dont really care?

Mason and Kenny were already jaded going into the offseason.   Neither of them were owed anything by this team.    If Mason didnt accept a $7m offer and it was pulled, then I would like to thank Mason because he actually really saved the Steelers from overpaying for his mediocrity.    And I am not going to bash Kenny because there is no confirmation about anything being true at this point, but if he is half as entitled as the reports make him seem....good ******* riddance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Is it bad that I dont really care?

Mason and Kenny were already jaded going into the offseason.   Neither of them were owed anything by this team.    If Mason didnt accept a $7m offer and it was pulled, then I would like to thank Mason because he actually really saved the Steelers from overpaying for his mediocrity.    And I am not going to bash Kenny because there is no confirmation about anything being true at this point, but if he is half as entitled as the reports make him seem....good ******* riddance.

I don’t think it’s bad because….well it’s business. And if Mason felt like he was jerked around, well he was behind Ben, has no one to blame but himself for giving them reason to sign Mitch and draft Kenny over him, then he chose to come back because he wasn’t offered anything because no one saw it was worth it.  If he wants to take it personally then take it that way.

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

colbert striked again

what a wasted RD1 pick

it was said there was only 1 other RD1 pick this franchise has ever given up on sooner, who was it (trivia) xD

Khan mopping up the colbert cobwebs, and still has a ways to go. Don't stop now

If Khan was around a few years earlier, Bush wouldn't have played out his deal here either.  Burns, Bush, Jarvis, Pickett,  I don't see any of these in the forecast with Khan/Weidl running the team.  RD1 picks will be solid blue chip prospects, not risks or reaches

Huey Richardson.

Edited by Livewire
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

I honestly had contemplated even from the draft day videos and on other occasions that he seemed reluctant about the "award" of staying in Pittsburgh. I know not everybody gets to go where they want to go but there was always some hesitancy about it like perhaps he wanted to sprout his wings more in his mind. It is what it is. We move on. 

I am more excited about Fields than I am Wilson, not that I don't like Wilson, I used to think the things he did a few years ago were very appealing and with so little to work with with that Oline and even his receivers before Lockett & DK. I didnt know anything about his character so perhaps I was naive. I did want us to draft Fields in the 1st round because of the potential ability and where we were at at the time with Ben. I thought it would've been a good development plan to work with.