Fields to Pittsburgh

BroncoSojia

24 minutes ago, mse326 said:

No he didn't. He looked like someone who has one trick and it isn't good enough on it's own to succeed. Unless you are playing him at RB 1100 yards means nothing if he can't throw the ball. He doesn't see the field nearly well enough or fast enough.

From what QB to what QB did they entirely change their offense?

He can't run and NFL offense. Nothing he has done has indicated he can. His processing and vision is just to slow. And that definitely isn't going to improve as a backup.

Yeah, he did. And no, the Rams didn't need to entirely change their offense. They utilized more designed QB runs and read options. They also used more plays designed to simplify reads (like play action and boots). They could easily do that for Fields. 

6 hours ago, MacReady said:

Man, poor Fields.

*Gets development stunted by an incompetent franchise by getting thrown into the starting position way too early when they have no offensive line, no skill players to help him.
*Gets a new head coach in year two who is a defensive minded head coach instead of the latest greatest QB whispering offensive coordinator.
*First two picks used on defense. 
*Shows considerable improvement while having no business improving with a defensive minded head coach.
*Watches Mac Jones, a fellow ruined QB in a defensive minded coaching staff, get traded to the best possible destination to rejuvenate his career by sitting behind a starter with a great head coach and a great offensive mind.
*Gets traded to the worst possible team for a QB to develop.

The QB bust rate in the NFL has gone from fairly high to 0.7%. The only quarterbacks who bust in the NFL right now are those who get developed wrong early by defensive minded coaches pretending to know offense and those who have zero social/leadership skills.

Caleb Williams is going to bust hard and it will be no indictment against Caleb Williams.

The Bears will show as much patience as possible, but their veteran stopgap will look like crap behind a bad offensive line and a single skill position player worth anything. Fans will get restless. Eberflus will get desperate and try to save his job and he'll throw Caleb Williams in. Williams will go 2-8. Bears will fire Eberflus. Then, instead of grasping their last chance to salvage Williams like the Rams did with Goff, like the Eagles did with Wentz, they will hire an offensive coordinator away from Andy Reid or some other already elite QB team or they will hire a defensive minded head coach and guarantee Williams bust status. 

Dude you are so out of touch it's funny. First off there will be no veteran stop gap. Caleb Williams will be expected to come in right away and start.

Secondly, tho not elite, the bears OL is not bad and Caleb will have some pretty nice targets to throw to in DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet, Gerald Everett and DeAndre Swift.

Thirdly the Bears new OC Shane Waldron is well respected in NFL circles.

Please tell me the last time a young QB got drafted into a situation as good as this?

Now does this automatically mean Caleb will be a star NFL QB ? No but let's not act like the Bears haven't set him up well enough to succeed in year 1. If he can't manage to at least perform somewhat well then a lot of that will be on him 

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I don't know who's trying to do the damage control with this report. Fields or the Bears? I find it hard to believe he wanted to go be a backup.

It's the bears FO. Fields has done absolutely nothing for him to choose where he gets traded to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:
7 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I don't know who's trying to do the damage control with this report. Fields or the Bears? I find it hard to believe he wanted to go be a backup.

It's the bears FO. Fields has done absolutely nothing for him to choose where he gets traded to

If it is the Chicago FO, why?   You are then admitting you effectively took a lesser deal with speaks to a level of poor judgment  in running an NFL team. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Dude you are so out of touch it's funny. First off there will be no veteran stop gap. Caleb Williams will be expected to come in right away and start.

Secondly, tho not elite, the bears OL is not bad and Caleb will have some pretty nice targets to throw to in DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet, Gerald Everett and DeAndre Swift.

Thirdly the Bears new OC Shane Waldron is well respected in NFL circles.

Please tell me the last time a young QB got drafted into a situation as good as this?

Now does this automatically mean Caleb will be a star NFL QB ? No but let's not act like the Bears haven't set him up well enough to succeed in year 1. If he can't manage to at least perform somewhat well then a lot of that will be on him 

I’m out of touch when what you just quoted is literally how the NFL has worked over the past decade?

It’s literally what happens.

Teams with an offensive minded HEAD coach that didn’t get the job from being a title holder with a great coach/QB combo turn their QB into a franchise QB.

Teams with defensive minded head coaches who get a QB turn their QB into a bust.

But you seem like a Bears fan, so I can’t blame you for the cognitive dissonance.

You know the Bears will ruin Williams, but you convince yourself they won’t.

40 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I’m out of touch when what you just quoted is literally how the NFL has worked over the past decade?

It’s literally what happens.

Teams with an offensive minded HEAD coach that didn’t get the job from being a title holder with a great coach/QB combo turn their QB into a franchise QB.

Teams with defensive minded head coaches who get a QB turn their QB into a bust.

But you seem like a Bears fan, so I can’t blame you for the cognitive dissonance.

You know the Bears will ruin Williams, but you convince yourself they won’t.

Are Josh Allen, CJ Stroud and Justin Herbert all busts?

Edited by StatKing
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

If it is the Chicago FO, why?   You are then admitting you effectively took a lesser deal with speaks to a level of poor judgment  in running an NFL team. 

To Garner favor with players already on the roster or fa targets. Sends the message that the Bears will treat you well even if it doesn't go well in Chicago

27 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Are Josh Allen, CJ Stroud and Justin Herbert all busts?

Is Anthony Lynn a defensive coach or did you forget he was there when Herbert started?

Josh Allen was lucky. He had Brian Daboll early. Brian Daboll managed to get Daniel Jones a massive deal when he went to NY and salvaged him.

CJ Stroud is the exception.

40 minutes ago, ET80 said:

cj-stroud.gif

Yeah, you’re gonna lose Slowik after this coming season. I’ve commented on Stroud at length in the Jordan Love thread of the Packer sub forum. Just absolutely insane the odds he surmounted. I’ve acknowledged this before how big of an outlier he is. Stuff just does not happen. I even tagged you when I spoke about this. You must just be old as hell and can’t remember anything.

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Is Anthony Lynn a defensive coach or did you forget he was there when Herbert started?

Josh Allen was lucky. He had Brian Daboll early. Brian Daboll managed to get Daniel Jones a massive deal when he went to NY and salvaged him.

CJ Stroud is the exception.

Lamar Jackson

Russell Wilson

Tua 

Will Levis looked pretty good. Typical Rookie bumps, but certainly looked like he belonged out there

If your going to count Lynn for Herbert then I guess Fischer counts for Goff

• Like 2