Raiders sign RB Alexander Mattison

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's a major fumbler, fwiw. 

1 more fumble than Jacobs last year. 

He had a bad 2023. Prior, he had 2 fumbles across 400 career carries. Saying he's a "major" fumbler is a bit harsh. 

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

1 more fumble than Jacobs last year. 

He had a bad 2023. Prior, he had 2 fumbles across 400 career carries. Saying he's a "major" fumbler is a bit harsh. 

Interesting, I recall him being bench party because of his ball security issues.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Is he better than Bolden or Abdullah?

If you take out last year I would be very excited. Still not a big risk. Doesn’t stop the team from bringing in other RBs

Could be a solid rebound candidate. Who knows could of been playing with injuries last year 

yes. Bolden is not an NFL player, and Abdullah a 3rd down back/special teamer

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting, I recall him being bench party because of his ball security issues.

I mean, to be honest, he had 1 more fumble on far fewer carries last year. There's no justifying the 2023 issues other than hoping a change of scenery cleans it up. But he's been pretty reliable outside of last year. 

57 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No, that's the guy from Washington who some people here wanted even though he was benched by two coaching staffs.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Got to keep in mind that Mattison was dealing with stacked boxes since he was playing with scrub QBs last year. Two of his best games were when Cousins was healthy. 

And the other 6 games with Cousins he never eclipsed 45yds. 

I mean as a backup it’s whatever, maybe it was just a bad year…  I’m not super excited about the signing, but I can certainly hope he manages to impress and balls out now that he’s officially in silver and black. 

Edited by 101Raider

Great signing for a low cost, proven commodity in the backfield. It wasn’t long ago that he was pushing a prime Dalvin Cook for carries and he’s still only 25 years old with very low mileage. He is the exact type of player that could be in for a rebound given a fresh start. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 1

Mattison is a solid RB2 and he was really good for the Vikings whenever Dalvin Cook was injured. I guess it's Zamir White's time to shine... maybe we'll just have a committee and split the carries pretty evenly between them with Abdullah as the 3rd down back.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 5:02 AM, RaisinBran said:

Mattison is a solid RB2 and he was really good for the Vikings whenever Dalvin Cook was injured. I guess it's Zamir White's time to shine... maybe we'll just have a committee and split the carries pretty evenly between them with Abdullah as the 3rd down back.

Yep, White looked eminently capable towards the tail end of last year and with Mattison spelling him and the underrated Abdullah as a 3rd down option I can see a very decent RB room for a very reasonable cost. Maybe we’ll draft a young kid in the mid to late rounds as depth too but I’m pretty satisfied that we’ll be just fine at the RB position.