2024 MLB Gameday Thread

Thelonebillsfan

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

To the clowns that battled me last year about the uptick in Tommy John across the league and the preaching of stuff over availability, eat your mf heart out. 

strider going to need TJ probably, Eury Perez, and now Shane Bieber 

They don’t make em’ like Randy and Pedro anymore. 

17 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Randy and Pedro didn't throw baseballs with goofball mechanics like EVERYONE does these days. Blake Snell has one of the worst motions I've ever seen.

11 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Randy and Pedro didn't throw baseballs with goofball mechanics like EVERYONE does these days. Blake Snell has one of the worst motions I've ever seen.

Pedro was an undersized max-effort whip arm pitcher that threw every pitch in the book.  RJ threw 184 innings at 44 years old and was a positive war pitcher. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Pedro was an undersized max-effort whip arm pitcher that threw every pitch in the book.  RJ threw 184 innings at 44 years old and was a positive war pitcher. 

Pedro still had more refined mechanics than most. 

They also pitched during the PEDs era lol so let's not absolve them completely. Yes, the uptick in TJS is likely intertwined with the obsession with spin rate and velo but the horses of that era were more than likely just as guilty of taking a lil somethin' somethin' as the HR hitters.

And back then everyone was raging about the infamous inverted W mechanics.

I do admit that it's harder to stay invested in the game when all the best pitchers get TJ surgery at least once in their careers. Absolutely BRUTAL start to this season.

On 4/6/2024 at 2:28 PM, DirtyDez said:

Teams need to look at pitchers who haven’t had TJ.  Chapman has thrown hard for over a decade 60 plus games a year.  Scherzer, Greinke and Kershaw never had TJ as starters.