Jets trade for Hassan Reddick

adamq

12 minutes ago, adamq said:

Says a lot in terms of how they feel about Huff

I just don't think they were willing to pay him that much. Reddick is under contract for one more year and he's cheaper.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 how a guy who has 4 straight seasons of double digit sacks can only get a 2026 conditional pick in return?

Ok, you know how Charizard doesnt listen to Ash? Its because he doesn’t respect him. Charizard is very powerful but a headache. Now eat your vegetables 

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Ok, you know how Charizard doesnt listen to Ash? Its because he doesn’t respect him. Charizard is very powerful but a headache. Now eat your vegetables 

Charizard eventually comes back to ash Super OP. Will Huff come back and go gang busters?

This is basically a trade of each others edge defenders between the Jets and Eagles (Bryce Huff and Hassan Reddick). I think Huff only played on passing downs for the Jets. I wonder if that changes.

12 minutes ago, adamq said:

Screenshot-20240329-191332.jpg

Thats Huff's contract with Philly.. it only costs them 4.3 in year 1, 7.5 year 2, and then 11.7 in year 3. Then they can cut him with just dead hits of 6.4 and 3.2.. 

NYJ have to pay Reddick 14.5 for 1 season, and if all goes well surely they will have to pay him more than what Huff got

This is all to say.. I'm not sure how this is a good move for NYJ financially if the two players actually are comparable 

I mean Reddick is going to get a lot more money than Huff id assume, but he is clearly more proven as a player. The Eagles were willing to bet on youth and play the efficiency game. The Jets wanted the better player today. That’s all it is imo. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, adamq said:

Screenshot-20240329-191332.jpg

Thats Huff's contract with Philly.. it only costs them 4.3 in year 1, 7.5 year 2, and then 11.7 in year 3. Then they can cut him with just dead hits of 6.4 and 3.2.. 

Pretty sure that’s not accurate info on his deal. His contract in 2027 voids, so they can’t cut someone who’s not under contract.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soko said:

Pretty sure that’s not accurate info on his deal. His contract in 2027 voids, so they can’t cut someone who’s not under contract.

You're right my bad. I thought it was a 4 year deal but it's 3/51

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We're just going to redo the entire 2023 draft.

As long as the Raiders get a redo to fire McDaniels BEFORE the draft instead of mid-season...Then I'm good with that. Hell I'd keep Carr and never got Jimmy G. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Soko said:

Yeah, it definitely voids in 2027, not 2028. Though even Overthecap is basically like, we don't actually know the details of the deal, we're just assuming it's the same non-senses as the rest of the Eagles deals.

https://overthecap.com/player/bryce-huff/9313

Also, overthecap's chart is no longer really equipped to handle Philly's deals. It's not built to handle the option bonuses the way Philly is structuring them right now. The "Cap Number" column is accurate, but you can't really trust the far right section anymore for those deals. Like, cutting Huff in 2026 would not be just $9.7M in dead cap. It would have to be closer to like $22M based on cash paid by that point. But since the $15Mish he has guaranteed in 2025 is an option bonus, not a signing bonus, the chart doesn't prorate it right for when cut/traded. But it will function the same as a signing bonus, so if he was cut in 2026 they would still owe 4/5 of that option bonus on the cap, which would be about $12M, plus the almost $10M that would be left from his actual signing bonus being pro-rated.

Basically, at least for the time being, don't trust the right two columns on overthecap's charts for any Eagles contracts.

EDIT: Eh, or maybe it's just because Huff's isn't finalized. Some of the others add up for me.

• Like 2

Surprise surprise what else is new Falcons miss out on another edge rusher.  So tired of this sorry franchise refusing to fix that issue.  I've never said this before but im honestly debating on just swapping to a new team like the Ravens.   The same old crap is getting old after so long i can understand if it was one front office but my god this is getting ridiculous.   Now watch us end up drafting a edge at 8 like Turner and he turns into Tyus Bowser like Rich called him and we rinse and repeat.   This value was way to dang cheap for the Falcons to not do this trade.