Chiefs re-sign RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire

RaidersAreOne

The little engine that could lol

Good teammate and pretty much accepts his role of not being the starter but can come in and do some decent things. As depth he's good to have but we're in trouble if he were to have to start imo.

The guy sobbed after we got the 'ship which kinda made ya know his heart is in it

Obviously there could be a plethora of other factors that play into this, but really just seems like since a market (predictably) didn’t materialize for him to go somewhere and play meaningful snaps, he just punted and decided to stay where he’s been on a championship team.

Not the worst of decisions, but you’re kind of accepting the fact that you’re not going to be seeing much playing time. Especially if they bring in Dobbins now too. 

Huh.  I didn't even realize he was a Free Agent.

But that's cool for them.  He seems like a solid RB2 for them to have.  He knows the system, he works alright in it.  Maybe you don't want him starting, but as far as guys who can come off the bench and give you alright performance, he's still not bad.  Probably makes sense for him too.  Just keep rolling with a comfortable role on a good team and a shot at another ring.  Not like anyone was going to take a shot on him as a starter or anything at this point.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Huh.  I didn't even realize he was a Free Agent.

Doubt many other Franchises did either TBH. 

Chiefs haven't missed on many draft picks but this undoubtedly was one. Surprised he was resigned? 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Doubt many other Franchises did either TBH. 

Chiefs haven't missed on many draft picks but this undoubtedly was one. Surprised he was resigned? 🤷‍♂️

I mean, it wasn't a "hit" but he still gave them a pretty decent rookie year.  1000+ All Purpose Yards isn't a "bust".  At the very tail end of the round like that?  Could do a lot better, but teams often do a lot worse too.  And it's not like he didn't provide them some supplementary value over the following years too.  Not what you hope for, but still recouping at least a bit of value.  And really...if he works as a RB2, why not just keep him around?  It's not like he's got huge mileage on him.  You know what you're getting in that situation and system.  No guessing game.  I'm assuming it's plenty cheap...and very short term, so you can easily go out and draft a guy but have CEH as a perfectly serviceable "fallback" plan.

14 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Don't really understand this from his perspective...

He had a deal offered which is a lot better than some other RBs could say. I'm not sure what else he could have held out for? 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

He had a deal offered which is a lot better than some other RBs could say. I'm not sure what else he could have held out for? 

Dunno - I thought he might want to look for teams he might have a bigger role, or something?

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Dunno - I thought he might want to look for teams he might have a bigger role, or something?

I'm not sure that role exists. I don't see him as anything above a RB2. 

• Like 1