Bills trade WR Stefon Diggs (plus 2024 6th & 2025 5th) to Texans for 2025 2nd

The Gnat

34 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You only have two picks in the top like 120. There's a lot of picks, but they're all late 4th and beyond. That's not going to get you from 28 to top 10, and that's really where you'd need to get to get one of the top guys. Unless you mean a small trade up to get your choice of like, Thomas Jr or Mitchell, but you're still getting a second tier guy at that point.

I think if they are looking to trade up it will include next years 1st.

I suspect the plethora of picks in round 5 and 6 will be used to try and get into round 3.

34 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I still feel the burns from trading up in 2014 for Sammy Watkins when we could’ve stayed put and gotten Mike Evans, OBJ etc.

That one hurts because we could have gotten Evans or OBJ at 9....but no chance the top 4 make it to pick 28 so a trade up would be needed lol

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I was thinking of this. What if they trade back into the first round somehow and take two receivers in the first. Would be wild

Doesn't seem smart, really.  Like the way this draft stacks up is that there's 3 WRs in the top tier who aren't making it far out of the top 10, then a gap, then like 12 guys in that second tier.  It probably makes more sense for the Bills to trade back from 28 assuming that the guy they love the best isn't staring them in the face.

Like they could just sit and pick like Brian Thomas Jr. and Malachi Corley at 28 and 60.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I suspect the plethora of picks in round 5 and 6 will be used to try and get into round 3.

I think day 3 picks will be particularly low valued this year just because the group of "underclassmen who have declared for the draft" is smaller.  Only 58 underclassmen declared for this draft and nearly all of them are in the consensus board top 100.  For reference, we had 130 underclassmen declare in 2021.

So I think in terms of Day 3 picks the only ones that are going to really be valuable trade pieces are high 4th round picks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

What would you put the odds of BTJ lasting until 28?

It's nearly impossible to figure out since beyond the top 3 guys it's all about "what kind of guy do you need."   Like Seattle is obviously not going to take BTJ since they already have DK Metcalf.

The WR teams in the first before the Bills are: CHI (at 9, not 1), NE (probably not at 3), LAC (need everything), ARI (at 4 and 27), NYG (need size), TEN (probably not at 7), NYJ, DEN (unlikely since that roster's in bad shape), LV, NO, IND, PIT, PHI, DAL.  Probably there's going to be a pause in the WR run once we run through the top 3 guys as teams pivot to other positions, so he's probably not going to Denver, Vegas, or New Orleans.

So I'd have to look closer at what the Steelers, Eagles, and Cowboys want from their WRs.  But honestly if you had teams stack their WR position, you would get teams that have BTJ at #4 and you would get teams that would have him like #10.

23 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

LV

I'd be shocked if the Raiders went WR in round one. We already have so many assets/$ tied up in WR that it would be crazy to go that route over needs at T and CB.

I mean if Nabers somehow falls then maybe but I doubt we go WR in rounds 1-2. An Adams/Meyers/Tucker trio is nice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I fought this feeling for so long. He was putting up numbers, we were winning a lot of games, and I thought he was just “misunderstood.” Then…it kept happening. The cryptic tweets, the ****ty body language. Like he thought he was more important to the Bills than Josh Allen lmao. I love how *some* people say that he made Allen. He helped him grow for sure, but Josh was a third year qb when Diggs came in, he was already beginning his arc, Diggs was what he needed to help get him there. It’s clear now that Josh is a top 2-3 QB regardless. Diggs consistently tried to show him up. You aren’t more important than a franchise QB. Period.

He came in and got multiple pros, a crap ton of targets, over 100 receptions every year, 8+ touchdowns every year, and he got PAID. What is there to complain about?? In big games with us, it always seemed to be Gabe Davis that showed up…Diggs went the opposite way. 

What really was the final nail in the coffin for me was the playoff loss this year. All of the tweets, from him and his brother… I didn’t see one about accountability for dropping a ball in a massive moment on a nuke from Allen. If you are going to ***** and complain, at least have the accountability as well.

Loved when we traded for him, loved the production for the first few years, but once he kept the complaining and acting holier than thou when people asked him why he was sending cryptic messages.. those feelings started to fade. The Bills gave him everything he wanted. Everything…and it wasn’t good enough. He shrunk when it mattered, his playoff numbers compared to his regular season stats are a lot worse…while Allen rises to the occasion and plays better in the post season.

I was always waiting for him to show up and have a massive playoff game, and it never happened.

So again, thanks for the memories Stef, he was needed at the time to help a team take the next step, but don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Your instinct was correct all along. He’s a trash person.

On 4/3/2024 at 8:16 AM, bigbadbuff said:

Just wish we got the 2nd this year instead.

That is the part I think the Texans hosed them on. The 2024 Bills are basically saying that Diggs sucks and is worth giving a fifth round pick away to get rid of him. 

Hard to see this not paying off for the Texans in 2024. 2025 when the Bills get something back we will have reevaluate.