Bills trade WR Stefon Diggs (plus 2024 6th & 2025 5th) to Texans for 2025 2nd

The Gnat

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Worst scenario is he leaves as  FA and we get a comp pick in the process.  Also means him and Collins will be free agents at the same time.  

It depends on the language of the contract. The Lions did this to a few FA this past year and as a result they were ineligible for the comp pick formula.

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

This feels like the definition of a Super Bowl or bust move.

I truly don't get why they even did this. Like his deal was actually going to be pretty team friendly all things considered. Now they have no control of him after this year and if he does have a huge year they will be pressured into giving massive money to a 31 year old WR.

Just very confusing.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I actually like that move for the Texans. Make sure if he’s a cancer he goes away after this season. And there’s also an incentive for Diggs to play well.

Until he plays well gets paid more than he was and then turns into the cancer he eventually always does lol

• Like 1

I just don't really get what the Texans gained by doing that, unless it was a condition for Diggs to not be a cancer or something. They could've cut him at the end of the year with no dead money regardless. So taking those years off the contract is basically just declaring 11 months in advanced that you're going to cut him, and you really gain nothing by doing that. I don't think only having Diggs for the one year is a problem, as he's less and less likely to be worth the $19M or so as he gets older. But this just takes options away from them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Until he plays well gets paid more than he was and then turns into the cancer he eventually always does lol

If they let him leave, that’s the exact thing I’m saying. My exact point.

32 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

This feels like the definition of a Super Bowl or bust move.

Can't even get a comp pick. This happened to the niners with Randy Gregory this year

• Like 5