Bills trade WR Stefon Diggs (plus 2024 6th & 2025 5th) to Texans for 2025 2nd

The Gnat

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kirk clearly rubbed off on Diggs 

Good god that is insane lol. It's not even a prime up and coming Diggs either.

I get Houston has to go all-in while Stroud is on his rookie deal but damn I feel like that $ and pick could have gone elsewhere for a bigger impact. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Anything specific to make you say that outside of the obvious cryptic question tweets etc

Tweets, not taking any account for his shortcomings, taking to the internet to seek approval after said shortcomings, cryptically (not so cryptically) trying to take credit away from Allen, not so cryptically pining blame on others including Allen, the way he is with opposition fans (yes I’m sure you loved him talking trash to us lol), the way he is in front of the camera that‘s in his face after he scores, the selfishness, demanding of targets, at times I caught him not celebrating with others that scored (kinda related to the selfish point tbf). Just get a complete “tool” vibe off him.

That said, I’m taking nothing away from the player he was. Awesome receiver 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I actually like that move for the Texans. Make sure if he’s a cancer he goes away after this season. And there’s also an incentive for Diggs to play well.

Ya except they could have just cut him if he was a problem and I am pretty sure it wouldn't have even hurt their cap since the Bills are eating the dead money this year. Also I could argue that it is really dumb to trade for a player when you are that worried about their character issues in the locker room.

If they really gave up control for these reasons they are beyond idiotic. If he needs the potential of hitting FA to have the drive to play well that is also a massive concern.  So now they traded a premium asset for a player on a one year deal. If he sucks or doesn't play well then sure they wasted a second round pick. Sucks but you can get past that in the long run. If he is a big part of a run though.... you now are in a bind. Do you really pay top $ to a 31 year old WR? Or do you let him walk and pray you can replicate his production down a 2nd round pick?

I just really hate that they gave up control of a player that was on a team friendly deal. It feels like to me Diggs' agent got a huge win for him here.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ok I think I like this deal for the Texans a LOT less now lol.... what the hell?

I'm ok with it. Force him to be on his best behavior. If he is good we can franchise. If he isn't we can walk away. The biggest downside of the trade was the length and him becoming a cancer. That isn't an issue now

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I actually like that move for the Texans. Make sure if he’s a cancer he goes away after this season. And there’s also an incentive for Diggs to play well.

Flip side of this is that a guy who already seems obsessed with his stats/targets  might be even more likely to melt down on the sideline any time Nico and/or Dell are getting the ball more than him because it's a contract year and it's easier to get paid off of 1200 yard season than a '800 yards but I opened things up for my teammates on a balanced offense' season. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

They could’ve cut him after this year, anyway. 

I get that this is supposed to keep him motivated/focused, but the “we don’t have to deal with him if it doesn’t work out” angle doesn’t check out. SRP for a rental seems steep, to me. Houston’s going to be good, I think even really good, but they should keep this train on it’s tracks rather than swing for the fences at the cost of future picks.

• Like 2