Bills trade WR Stefon Diggs (plus 2024 6th & 2025 5th) to Texans for 2025 2nd

The Gnat

CJ Stroud seems like a really nice guy.  While it's always nice to have another target on the field, I kind of wonder whether he needs a complainer like Diggs barking at him on the sidelines to get him the ball more between every offensive series.  It sounds like this may be a case like it was for T.O., where they will have to decide whether the talent he brings still offsets the headaches.

53 minutes ago, Soko said:

Sidenote, but wonder if this sets the trade market for guys like Higgins or maybe Aiyuk.

I'd think it would be the opposite for Aiyuk. The 49ers aren't going to trade him for peanuts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Sidenote, but wonder if this sets the trade market for guys like Higgins or maybe Aiyuk.

Higgins and Aiyuk both have youth on their side.  Both also want big contracts.  Hard to know how those aspects impact the value.  2 years ago, Adams and Hill wrre traded for more.  

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Do the Bills have the ammo to get into the top 6/7 for one of the big 3 WRs?

Top 6 or 7?  Not a chance.  I think they could go up somewhere in the teens for Brian Thomas or Keon Coleman, but that's going to be expensive.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Do the Bills have the ammo to get into the top 6/7 for one of the big 3 WRs?

Depends who’s asking. 

Some team in the top 10 may see pick 28, 60 and a 2025 1st as enough.

Bills have two 4ths, three 5ths, two 6th and a 7th to try and play around with as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Depends who’s asking. 

Some team in the top 10 may see pick 28, 60 and a 2025 1st as enough.

Bills have two 4ths, three 5ths, two 6th and a 7th to try and play around with as well.

Why in the world given the numerous holes created this FA , should the Blls pay two 1st and a 2nd for a WR? That's absurd. 

They are hoping like Mahomes,, Brady, ect, Josh can elevate the WR play just by being the QB he is.

Plenty of WR's will be available at both 28/60. No reason to trade up.

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why in the world given the numerous holes created this FA , should the Blls pay two 1st and a 2nd for a WR? That's absurd. 

They are hoping like Mahomes,, Brady, ect, Josh can elevate the WR play just by being the QB he is.

Plenty of WR's will be available at both 28/60. No reason to trade up.

I was responding to whether they had ammo to do it, not saying they should or shouldn’t. 

Also numerous holes is an overstatement. WR was and is their biggest need. Safety would be the other one.

Every other starting position is spoken for by last years guy or a free agent incumbent (Mike Edwards, David Edwards)

What a freaking deal!  

So it was Diggs and a 5th and 6th rounder for one 2nd rounder?  That is nuts how little the Texans had to give up for him, damn!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What a freaking deal!  

So it was Diggs and a 5th and 6th rounder for one 2nd rounder?  That is nuts how little the Texans had to give up for him, damn!

*2025 2nd

3 hours ago, Soko said:

Different bucket, I think. This is like Julio getting a second. The younger guys tend to get more (a very notable exception being Adams who got a first and a second heading into his age 30 season as possibly the best receiver in the league)

Besides, there's more going on here, I think. Bills are done with him and I think the bills are hitting a soft reset. Tons of dead money on the year, wiping that off the slate. Clock is running out on the niners, so they should still be all in, but if they move anyone, should be deebo (which is what they were looking to do if you trust pretty Rickey)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kramxel said:

The more I think about it, the less I like it from the Texans perspective...

Are you nuts?  What is there not to like about getting one of the best WRs in the NFL with an up and coming young QB?  Sure Diggs has an attitude at times but most of that comes down to him wanting to win.

Texans are decent at WR but Diggs takes it to another level, sure Collins, Dell, Brown and Woods are ok but Diggs is straight up elite at the position and gives them a big time deep threat.  

Texans were already an up and coming team now with their moves, combine that with a good draft they are potentially a top 5 team in the NFL.