2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

44 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

But now he has proven he's better than Patrick Taylor. He's a known. The other UDFA's are unknowns at the time. 

I don't get the hate for Wilson around here. 

I certainly don't hate him. I'm intrigued by his potential. But if the Packers were as confident if Wilson as you seem to be, would they have both drafted Lloyd and brought back Dillon?

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I certainly don't hate him. I'm intrigued by his potential. But if the Packers were as confident if Wilson as you seem to be, would they have both drafted Lloyd and brought back Dillon?

I kind of agree with this. Would have brought in another couple UFA’s to compete for RB3 if they were really happy with Wilson. Seems they knew they needed to be better. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4887558/emanuel-wilson

Guess he broke one 31 yarder.  Outside of that he was meh...12 carries for 36 yards in the postseason.  Didn't look particularly shifty and lacked vision.  He's a jag.  Maybe with more opportunities he might improve.  Don't get the Wilson love he's a candidate for the PS.  To start the season Jacobs Dillon and then Lloyd.  By mid season would expect Lloyd to become the #2 back.  Jacobs and Lloyd are dynamic running backs.  Dillon not so much and Wilson is a downgrade from him.  Jones was a swiss army knife but couldn't stay healthy.  With Jacobs and Lloyd don't think we'll miss him that much tho. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Guess he broke one 31 yarder.  Outside of that he was meh...12 carries for 36 yards in the postseason.  Didn't look particularly shifty and lacked vision.  He's a jag.  Maybe with more opportunities he might improve.  Don't get the Wilson love he's a candidate for the PS.  To start the season Jacobs Dillon and then Lloyd.  By mid season would expect Lloyd to become the #2 back.  Jacobs and Lloyd are dynamic running backs.  Dillon not so much and Wilson is a downgrade from him.  Jones was a swiss army knife but couldn't stay healthy.  With Jacobs and Lloyd don't think we'll miss him that much tho. 

This is literally every RB ever. Every RB has a median run distance of 3 yards. 

As far as him being a JAG . . . yeah, he's the #4 RB right now. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Scoremore said:

You're right, no one improves between their rookie year and second year, said no one ever. 

Dismissing a kid who had production in real games is fool's gold. He might get cut and wind up on the practice squad. He might get cut and be gone. 

On what basis during your film study have you come to a conclusion he 'lacks vision'? LOL! You read some 'internet expert,' say that and repeated it. 

I have no idea what Wilson will or will not turn into. Guess what, neither do you! 

Edited by Old Guy

21 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I'm not saying he's the next coming. I'm saying the kid has a chance. I will not dismiss his chances without seeing if he improved between last camp and this one.

17 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

I kind of agree with this. Would have brought in another couple UFA’s to compete for RB3 if they were really happy with Wilson. Seems they knew they needed to be better. 

Dillon's contract is certainly not an endorsement of him be RB2 or 3. Wilson goes into camp as RB4, which likely leaves him outside looking int. Let them compete and figure it out. 

Let's be honest though, AJ Dillon has been lousy for a 2nd round pick. His contract should not make him comfortable he's a lock either. He better prove he's capable of other things because they didn't draft LeLloyd to sit on the bench. 

If Dillon is RB3 coming out of camp, and it's close between him and Wilson, he'd be a pretty easy cut IMO. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not saying he's the next coming. I'm saying the kid has a chance. I will not dismiss his chances without seeing if he improved between last camp and this one.

Dillon's contract is certainly not an endorsement of him be RB2 or 3. Wilson goes into camp as RB4, which likely leaves him outside looking int. Let them compete and figure it out. 

Let's be honest though, AJ Dillon has been lousy for a 2nd round pick. His contract should not make him comfortable he's a lock either. He better prove he's capable of other things because they didn't draft LeLloyd to sit on the bench. 

If Dillon is RB3 coming out of camp, and it's close between him and Wilson, he'd be a pretty easy cut IMO. 

The second round pick price for Dillon isn't really relevant anymore just the contract is. No it's not a ringing endorsement but it depends what your expectations are. As a primary runner? Yeah he's kinda mediocre at best. He's better running out of passing situations in the shotgun and a better pass protector. If the offense wants to go shotgun and sling it, he's the first guy I put back there next to Love. Even if Wilson looks like a better runner than Dillon, I still keep Dillon on the roster for everything else he's good at. 

There's more to RB than their rushing stats.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

The second round pick price for Dillon isn't really relevant anymore just the contract is. No it's not a ringing endorsement but it depends what your expectations are. As a primary runner? Yeah he's kinda mediocre at best. He's better running out of passing situations in the shotgun and a better pass protector. If the offense wants to go shotgun and sling it, he's the first guy I put back there next to Love. Even if Wilson looks like a better runner than Dillon, I still keep Dillon on the roster for everything else he's good at. 

There's more to RB than their rushing stats.

The assumption is that Wilson will not be able to do those things. We just don't know if he can improve from year one to year two and in what areas he will improve.

Maybe he winds up cut, but Dillon is not very good. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You're right, no one improves between their rookie year and second year, said no one ever. 

Dismissing a kid who had production in real games is fool's gold. He might get cut and wind up on the practice squad. He might get cut and be gone. 

On what basis during your film study have you come to a conclusion he 'lacks vision'? LOL! You read some 'internet expert,' say that and repeated it. 

I have no idea what Wilson will or will not turn into. Guess what, neither do you! 

Can you explain the reasoning for your post?

He gave his opinion , which is literally the purpose of the forum.

You said he might end up good, he might not... well duh. That's without saying.

You're just talking to talk.

We brought back Dillon who was lack luster last year.

Paid top dollar for a RB in Jacobs and still took a RB in the third round.

Everything points to Wilson probably not even making the team.

• Like 1

Wrong is what I am good at, but Dillon might just be in the wrong offense as a productive running back. My memory, though faulty and prone to invention, is that he was far better on interior runs with a designated hole than on wider runs where for whatever reason he got caught up in traffic and couldn’t make a good cut for positive yardage. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I agree with this but he’s good in pass pro where as Wilson was shaky at best. This is an area he must improve on. As for his running ability, I kid of feel like you have it or you don’t by this time. He’s fast and can hit the hole but his vision looks shaky. Can he make people miss? Not sure that’s his thing either

13 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If there is a position that a player shows if they have it or not as a rookie it’s running back. They can either find a crack and get away or they can’t. I can think of exactly 2 running backs that exploded after a couple seasons, Priest Holmes and Michael Turner(who didn’t see playing time due to Tomlinson being the starter). I don’t see any of that special in him unfortunately.