2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

32 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Sign a dude called David something or other, his surname hard to pronounce, he is an FA coming off multiple knee surgeries, should be able to get him for cheap. Or at least I feel like he has a past karmic debt to the Packers...

I'd be stunned if Bakh came back cheap. The risk would not be worth the reward. One would have to guess that knee is going to give him trouble the rest of his life. Why risk being hobbled even worse on a 'cheap,' contract?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'd be stunned if Bakh came back cheap. The risk would not be worth the reward. One would have to guess that knee is going to give him trouble the rest of his life. Why risk being hobbled even worse on a 'cheap,' contract?

A championship. 

5 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

With Morgan at Guard, I think the biggest question mark is the backup OT position(s). Unless someone emerges out of Dillard, Tenuta, C. Jones or Telfort, in event of injury, Packers would probably have to move Jenkins there, and move Rhyan to LG. 

I think you might be over thinking it a little bit.  You probably have Morgan as second string tackle, despite getting him game action at guard.  Just put Morgan in for the injured tackle and Rhyan goes back to RG.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

My biggest takeaway was that love deep accuracy still is nothing like rodgers. Rodg really was so dang special at that net drill.

love may end up being a more successful qb but he isnt that accurate deep yet. 

What’s the net’s RAS? 

20 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Watching Rodgers be forced to work with a group of rookies and year 2 players like Love had last season would have been amusing if nothing else.

Rodgers went from hating young guys to talking like Garrett Wilson was the second coming. 

Rodgers was done with the Packers the moment we drafted Love. Yes, he won two more MVPs, but he was pissed off and wanted out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If that is his motivation, he'll wait until half the season, or more is gone to decide who and if he comes back. 

I feel that ship has long sailed but yeah if we were to bring 69 back into the fold it means one, he’s healthy enough to play and two,something has gone very wrong with the original plan. Still, if there was a need and he thought he could play, the possibility of getting a ring would make things more interesting. 

47 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Rodgers went from hating young guys to talking like Garrett Wilson was the second coming. 

Rodgers was done with the Packers the moment we drafted Love. Yes, he won two more MVPs, but he was pissed off and wanted out. 

Semi-agree.

Rodgers definitely has little D energy. He wants to get worshipped wherever he goes. He signed an extension post Love and think he really wanted to push Love out. 

He was done when he realized they picked Love over hjm

• Like 1

I feel like part of Rodger's "Garrett Wilson is the second coming" thing was to put some oomph on the complaint that "the Packers never got him weapons" which, I'm not sure is a thing that he really believes, but it was certainly part of the media narrative about "why is Rodgers mad at his team." 

Like he was basically saying "sure is great to have a first round WR."  Meanwhile Marcedes Lewis is still the only FRP that Rodgers has thrown a touchdown to.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like part of Rodger's "Garrett Wilson is the second coming" thing was to put some oomph on the complaint that "the Packers never got him weapons" which, I'm not sure is a thing that he really believes, but it was certainly part of the media narrative about "why is Rodgers mad at his team." 

Like he was basically saying "sure is great to have a first round WR."  Meanwhile Marcedes Lewis is still the only FRP that Rodgers has thrown a touchdown to.

Yeah, those WR through Rodgers career were lacking.   Driver, Jennings, Nelson, James Jones, Cobb, Adams, Finley, Starks, Lacy all pretty much bums

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yeah, those WR through Rodgers career were lacking.   Driver, Jennings, Nelson, James Jones, Cobb, Adams, Finley, Starks, Lacy all pretty much bums

Well, after Nelson left following 2017 the Packers picked Jaire instead of DJ Moore or Calvin Ridley, Savage instead of Hollywood Brown or N'Keal Harry, Jordan Love instead of Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman Jr, Erik Stokes instead of Elijah or Rondell Moore, and Devonte Wyatt instead of Christian Watson (hey waitaminute) or Wan'Dale Robinson. (N.B. in years where the Packers had two FRPs, there were no WRs taken between the first and the second pick, so it's unnecessary to list the WRs who could have been taken instead of Gary or Quay.)

Since you know "where a WR got picked' matters more than "can he ball."

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

Packers WR's taken in the 2nd round from 2006-2023. The gap between Adams and Watson is perplexing considering the success rate:

2006: Greg Jennings

2008: Jordy Nelson

2011: Randall Cobb

2014: Davante Adams

2022: Christian Watson

2023: Jayden Reed

Packers 2nd round picks between Adams and Watson:

2015: Quinten Rollins

2016: Jason Spriggs

2017: Josh Jones

2018: Josh Jackson

2019: Elgton Jenkins

2020: AJ Dillon

2021: Josh Myers

9 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Packers WR's taken in the 2nd round from 2006-2023. The gap between Adams and Watson is perplexing considering the success rate:

2006: Greg Jennings

2008: Jordy Nelson

2011: Randall Cobb

2014: Davante Adams

2022: Christian Watson

2023: Jayden Reed

Packers 2nd round picks between Adams and Watson:

2015: Quinten Rollins

2016: Jason Spriggs

2017: Josh Jones

2018: Josh Jackson

2019: Elgton Jenkins

2020: AJ Dillon

2021: Josh Myers

Bullard seems to be showing his worth so far from what I’ve read… is this true?