2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

The article is basically a fan's take on the Packers current DL situation.  No more or less valid than someone like AG20 or BobGray posting their thoughts.  Being "worried" that Slaton is taking starting reps is probably the only weird thing about it.

16 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Slaton is ******* good. Wyatt will be good. Brooks will be good. In their roles. 

If our edge is as advertised and kenny is kenny our line is gooooood.

Wooden I think is very on the fringe. Jarius Wynn.

I wasn't discounting Slaton. I was alluding to the article and the prototypical DT in this system. Brooks seems ideal. Wooden fits the measurements, but can he actually play? 

My biggest concern along the front 4 is Preston's bonus money tied to sacks. I want those guys rotating often and Preston needs to get plenty of rest at his age and amount of wear in tear. 

Actually, I want LVN to beat him out cleanly. Nothing against Preston but he's deep into the back nine of his career. 

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The article is basically a fan's take on the Packers current DL situation.  No more or less valid than someone like AG20 or BobGray posting their thoughts.  Being "worried" that Slaton is taking starting reps is probably the only weird thing about it.

So it would be like if @justo posted his take??

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have a bad feeling he's a casualty and won't be here posting. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I wasn't discounting Slaton. I was alluding to the article and the prototypical DT in this system. Brooks seems ideal. Wooden fits the measurements, but can he actually play? 

My biggest concern along the front 4 is Preston's bonus money tied to sacks. I want those guys rotating often and Preston needs to get plenty of rest at his age and amount of wear in tear. 

Actually, I want LVN to beat him out cleanly. Nothing against Preston but he's deep into the back nine of his career. 

Oh for sure. I was just reinforcing the point. 

Preston still got plenty of savvy. LVN winning outright would be nice but I'm not benching Preston cuz he's old. Let the rotation be 50 50 ish

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

So it would be like if @justo posted his take??

It is Justo though?

Also when they say "starting" are they referring to "base" 4-3 or nickel? Because it seems to me that they are using Slaton more in the 4-3 and Wyatt is mostly working nickle and dime packages.

Either way you want a healthy rotation at DT where you essentially have at least a 3 "starter" rotation splitting snaps.

This is a good "problem" to have. Wyatt looks like he's going to have a significant impact.

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Morgan out about a week "or so" according to MLF. Going to lose some valuable snaps against the Browns this weekend, but hopefully he doesn't miss the Broncos game. 

Going to get a chance to see how he attacks rehab and heals. Of course, no two injuries are exactly alike but there is a pretty real constant of football players working through the minor things and getting back well enough to play. Hopefully this is just a little pt and back to the grind because not only do we want him to be good in the future, we may need him this year.  

As far as the kicking, MLF said the wind yesterday was worse than anything they will likely face inside a stadium.

I will say, the practice facility helps block wind from the west, but otherwise it's pretty open out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Oh for sure. I was just reinforcing the point. 

Preston still got plenty of savvy. LVN winning outright would be nice but I'm not benching Preston cuz he's old. Let the rotation be 50 50 ish

I'm hoping they increase LVN's reps by moving him inside in certain situations.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Hating in Slaton is ******* dumb if you watch what he was doing last year.

Honestly, this was one of the oddest articles I've read in while re: the Packers. Our DL has been hunting and they've been mixing in a ton of guys, Wyatt, Brooks, LVN on the inside. Who gives a **** if Slaton is starting in base? 

• Like 1