Denver Broncos 2024 Draft Thread

I’m really hoping we can add a developmental TE in the 7th. 

We were’t going to fix all of our problems in one draft but we’ve added players who fill need and were highly productive college players from upper-tier programs.

The trade with Jets was a steal; our DL suddenly doesn’t look so bad with Allen, Jones, Roach and Franklin-Meyers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, medisback said:

Still some good Value players available hopefully for Round 7 or UDFA

WR: Brenden Rice USC, Malik Washington UVA, Johnny Wilson FSU (move to TE?)

OT: Walter Rouse OU, Frank Crum Wyoming

OG: Sataoa Laumea Utah, Christian Mahogany BC, Dylan McMahon NC State, Garret Greenfield SD St

OC: Beax Limmer Ark, Charles Turner III LSU, Drake Nugent UMich, Andrew Raym OU

TE: Tanner McLachlan UA, Jaheim Bell FSU, Brevyn Spann-Ford Minn, McCallan Castles Tenn

DT: Mekhi Wingo LSU, Tyler Davis Clemson, Leonard Taylor III Miami, Fabien Lovett Sr FSU, Logan Lee Iowa

LB: Curtis Jacobs Penn St, Jaylan Ford Texas, Omar Speights LSU

S: Kitan Oladapo Oregon St, Beau Brade Maryland, James Williams Miami, Trey Taylor Air Force

5 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I just want to go on record that I LOVE what the Washington Commanders have done this offseason. Got my #1 GM, a guy who’s been in my top 3 HC candidates for 3 straight years, my #1b QB (depending on if you prefer pocket or mobile), my #1 DT, #1 slot CB, #2 TE, and # 1 sleeper WR. 

They definitely deserve a lot of credit for who they are picking but I also just want to throw out that they have a ton of picks so it's easier to feel good about that draft. They have 5 picks in the time that we had 2. Our draft would look a ton better if we had that many dart throws. Like @broncos67 mentioned, it's really interesting seeing the dynamic between Payton and Paton. It seems like George Paton's philosophy in the draft aligns more with all of ours (trade back and accrue assets) but now plays second fiddle to Sean and Sean doesn't appreciate resource management (draft picks or cap space). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grizmo78 said:

Does Estime remind anyone else of later years CJ Anderson? Just a bowling ball of a guy with good balance. 

You know I watched some YouTube highlights and couldn’t think of a good comp but CJ isn’t a bad one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grizmo78 said:

Does Estime remind anyone else of later years CJ Anderson? Just a bowling ball of a guy with good balance. 

For Nix to develop we have to have a solid running game. Sean loves controlling the space between the OT's and this guy sounds like he fits the bill. Somebody mentioned he's got good pass-pro skills also and that's huge. 

Been away all day so just now catching up. 

Love the Troy Franklin pick. thought he was a late first/early second until he weighed in smaller and measured a little shorter than expected.  Great value though and the familiarity with Nix is definitely bonus points.

Kris Abraims-Draine is also great value, he looked better than the higher touted Rakestraw at times. More depth/special teams.

Audric Estime is the anti Jaleel McLaughlin. Can replace Samaje if he goes down, not sure he has his hands but can pass block. Probably a better pure runner. 

Throw in the JFM trade, good player at perhaps our most needed position (imo) and we're really rounding things out a bit, all things considered.