Denver Broncos 2024 Draft Thread

1 minute ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

You know how I know this will work out? This forum hates it. Our collective tract record on QBs is terrible. We loved the Russ trade, wanted to trade for Rodgers and hated passing on Fields and Rosen before him. 

I like the optimism haha

1 minute ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

You know how I know this will work out? This forum hates it. Our collective tract record on QBs is terrible. We loved the Russ trade, wanted to trade for Rodgers and hated passing on Fields and Rosen before him. 

Pretty sure we all hated Paxton Lynch though 

• Like 1

Echo a lot of the sentiments in here, would have preferred a number of different guys (Turner, Bowers, Murphy/Newton).

Pretty sure they were ready to trade down but once Penix went there was no way they wanted to chance someone else taking him. I said it before, I'll just defer to Payton on the QB decision.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I can see some of that, but all of those I could “get.”  This one I don’t get.  I don’t know how to run a poll, but it’d be interesting to see a poll on people who think Nix is better than Wilson and Stidham……because they’re all the same age and Nix is probably the least talented of the group.  

3 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Hahaha you know, you have a point there 😆. In all seriousness we hired Sean Payton for a reason. I’m gonna trust him until I have reason not to. And if Nix busts, then so it is. 

1 minute ago, MontanaBronco said:

Has anyone here seen a lot of Bo Nix's games? He makes a lot of nice touch and anticipation throws in highlights, but I honestly haven't seen many full games. 

Watch the Washington games, he played well (particularly in the first game iirc) against a really solid defense/great team.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, copeland said:

We’ve gotta get behind it at this point

Well I’m not going to root against him. He was drafted about 30 picks too high. 

But he is nothing impressive from a physical standpoint, he ran a gimmick offense in a conference that doesn’t play defense and they think he can adjust to Sean’s offense in the NFL? Lammey was just calling him a super computer. My five year old could run that Oregon offense which is almost entirely side to side. 

And with the talent left on the board? The Raider got a top-5 talent. The Chargers got the best OL in the class. We took a second round QB at 12. Just so disappointing. 

• Like 5