Who are your 'my guys' in this draft ?

Assuming they don't take Graham Barton, if they  get Zak Zinter (OG, Michigan), say at pick #91, I'll be very pleased. Though it's a luxury they don't need and shouldn't take, I do love Jalynn Polk, WR, Washington as a 2nd rounder.

Edited by DWhitehurst

9 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Assuming they don't take Graham Barton, if they  get Zak Zinter (OG, Michigan), say at pick #91, I'll be very pleased. Though it's a luxury they don't need and shouldn't take, I do love Jalynn Polk, WR, Washington as a 2nd rounder.

I'm increasingly convinced that Zinter is going to end up being taken late 1st/early 2nd. That's the kind of guy that rises late in the process because coaches love him. 

16 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We are in a pretty good position to take a guy like Brooks.  We don't really need him this season, Jacobs and Dillon is a very good tandem.  He can redshirt the season if you like.  And we most likely have Dillon only this year, and I believe that Jacobs' contract is more or less a year-by-year thing.  

The perfect tandem if Jacobs is the sole ball carrier and Dillon only comes in to pass block periodically

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

If Newton and Murphy both fell to #25 and your boss, Gute, asks you, "which one of these two would YOU prefer ? who do you choose ?

Both are very good, but based on what I've seen on film and watching games of both players.....Newton.  I would image the majority would say Murphy....but I still cannot get out of my mind how much Newton wrecked Big Ten offenses in 2022. This past year he played the second half of the year with a foot injury slowing him down. According to one scout, the type of injury Newton had has a high recurrence rate so that would give me pause. But if that checks out ok...Newton.  Both need to be paired up with bigger defensive tackles due to their size. Either would be great additions to our defense so we could always rotate in fresh pass rushers.

17 hours ago, thrILL! said:

They’re also desperate for WR and the local kid who’s fast AF might entice him. 

They got rid of Gallup, right?  I can't really remember.  Maybe he's still a FA.

Either way, with Lamp and Cooks under contract with Fergie at TE, WR is not a huge need for Dallas.

Their OL?  That's where their huge need is right now.  And MLB.  For where they pick, I see them as someone who will absolutely covet Barton's overall skillset.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

If Newton and Murphy both fell to #25 and your boss, Gute, asks you, "which one of these two would YOU prefer ? who do you choose ?

I'd take Murphy.   I think he is better against the run, more stout, and pretty equivalent as a pass rusher.   

56 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I really don't love either, but have to go with Murphy. Newton's foot injury scares me and I don't have medical info.