Who are your 'my guys' in this draft ?

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Jerry is a former offensive lineman. Nobody drafts more offensive linemen in round 1 than Jerry. 

They’re also desperate for WR and the local kid who’s fast AF might entice him. 

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

Bingo. I understand the desire to swing for the fences with early picks, but I think for this particular team’s OL situation, Barton slots in perfectly, and a solid sure-thing pick ain’t a bad idea

I don't even know though that he is a sure thing.  I do know that if he's the pick, and he plays at a level similar to what we've had from Tom, I'll be fine with the pick.

49 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Fashanu I seldom think about - I'd rather have Fautanu or Amegadjie.

Bullard as a first choice in the draft for a Safety (not including DeJean) is cool, ideally at 58.

Of the RBs I listed, I liked Corum the most from the RB choices. Almost co-equal was Jonathon Brooks (I like him, just wish we could have seen more of him this year, shame about the ACL he had Nov 11th). I thought either could be RB1, if required. Any of Wright, Lynch, Guerendo, Laube, could be nice rotational pieces. As you can see, despite this being a poor year overall for RBs, there are plenty I like.

I do like CB Quinyon Mitchell, but I can't see the Packers being able to get him................though never say never.

We are in a pretty good position to take a guy like Brooks.  We don't really need him this season, Jacobs and Dillon is a very good tandem.  He can redshirt the season if you like.  And we most likely have Dillon only this year, and I believe that Jacobs' contract is more or less a year-by-year thing.  

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Barton is my default, not upset, not excited pick.  I think he will be good.  I am not sure which position he will be good at vs what musical chairs we play with Walker, Tom, Jenkins and Barton.  I very much doubt he is a superstar.  

Barton is socks and jocks for Christmas.

Just listed alphabetically...

Graham Barton
Brandon Dorlus
Kris Jenkins
Marshawn Kneeland
Bub Means
Michael Pratt
Will the Thrill Shipley
Ben Sinnott

Just off the top of my head

Edited by beekay414

Terrion Arnold will be Darrell Revis-level good. 

We won't draft him but Ennis Rakestraw is going to be a star. 

DeJean is too talented to fail. 

Tip Reiman, Barton, Alt, Amegadie, Sumaiateia, that probably rounds out my big faves in this draft (I listed WRs in another thread).

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Just listed alphabetically...

Graham Barton
Brandon Dorlus
Kris Jenkins
Marshawn Kneeland
Bub Means
Michael Pratt
Ben Sinnott
Will the Thrill Shipley

Just off the top of my head

Kneeland is definitely an intriguing prospect. Would be really excited about him

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

I like it a lot better at pick 140 (Tom) than 25. 

Also that's an optimistic scenario. A lot of players don't live up to those expectations. Even as a hit, I'm a little disappointed in a good but not elite OL in the first, especially when it's not even a LT. 

It's ok. I don't dislike the player I just don't like the value of a guy I see as an IOL in the first. 

Zach Tom is a top 5 RT currently that could play guard or center at a pro bowl level. If we got a 2.0 version of him we should be jumping for joy