Who are your 'my guys' in this draft ?

Based on what I've heard from some dudes on YouTube and not watching a minute of any College Football let alone tape, these are guys I like but I have no crushes this year:

Elijah Jones [CB] - A recruit to be reunited with his old boss
Renardo Green [CB] - Brett Kollman liked him
Dj James [CB] - Chris Simms liked him
Payton Wilson [ILB] - his name is Payton, he is super freak athletic, winner of the Chuck Bednarik Award and Butkus Award
Blake Corum [RB} - I just saw his name all the time on ads during the NFL season and he looked good
Nubin [S] - High IQ dude apparently and has a nose for the ball
Taylor Demerson [S] - Some guy on here liked him a lot - also meant to be another high IQ guy
Jaden Hicks [S] - versatile and has high IQ and no one really talks about him
Cole Bishop [S] - he is white (joke!!!) meant to be hard hitting and smart
Van Pran [C/G] - he is meant to be super high IQ
Mo Kamara [EDGE] - undersized but had the production, plus some dude on YouTube liked him alot

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Barton is my default, not upset, not excited pick.  I think he will be good.  I am not sure which position he will be good at vs what musical chairs we play with Walker, Tom, Jenkins and Barton.  I very much doubt he is a superstar.  

Let's say Barton is the pick at 25, and he is essentially Zach Tom 2.0

Are you happy with the pick?  I'd be good with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I like it a lot better at pick 140 (Tom) than 25. 

Also that's an optimistic scenario. A lot of players don't live up to those expectations. Even as a hit, I'm a little disappointed in a good but not elite OL in the first, especially when it's not even a LT. 

It's ok. I don't dislike the player I just don't like the value of a guy I see as an IOL in the first. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

That's what I mean.  I have no quarrels.  Just don't think it is great value, and I'm not jumping for joy that we got him.  But things could be a lot worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

I like it a lot better at pick 140 (Tom) than 25. 

Also that's an optimistic scenario. A lot of players don't live up to those expectations. Even as a hit, I'm a little disappointed in a good but not elite OL in the first, especially when it's not even a LT. 

It's ok. I don't dislike the player I just don't like the value of a guy I see as an IOL in the first. 

I don't know.  We are talking about pick #25 here, not pick #5.  If GB comes away with an OL who can play well at all 5 positions on the OL, I am fine with that level of return on the pick.

• Like 3

Everyone should be excited about adding a player of Barton's caliber to our team. The fact that we'd have a 1st round pick who could legitimately be 5 position versatile. A RT who is 5 position versatile, a LG who is 5 position versatile, a center who can play all 3 IOL spots, man that would be a damn fine OL. Play the best 5 between Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Rhyan, Tom, Barton in whatever lineup you'd like. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Everyone should be excited about adding a player of Barton's caliber to our team. The fact that we'd have a 1st round pick who could legitimately be 5 position versatile. A RT who is 5 position versatile, a LG who is 5 position versatile, a center who can play all 3 IOL spots, man that would be a damn fine OL. Play the best 5 between Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Rhyan, Tom, Barton in whatever lineup you'd like. 

I don't know how Barton will make it past the Cowboys.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Bingo. I understand the desire to swing for the fences with early picks, but I think for this particular team’s OL situation, Barton slots in perfectly, and a solid sure-thing pick ain’t a bad idea

3 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Bingo. I understand the desire to swing for the fences with early picks, but I think for this particular team’s OL situation, Barton slots in perfectly, and a solid sure-thing pick ain’t a bad idea

Devil's Advocate:  Jack of all trades, master of none.  If we want an IOL, I don't think he is in the same category as JPJ.  Maybe, maybe he is better than Hayes.  No reason to take him there, if he is going to plug into RG.  He needs to push Walker or Tom in order to be worth it.  RG should be a fallback spot, then do we really want to invest a first round pick into a tackle that can't beat out Tom or Walker?

BTW...I like Barton.  Don't love him, but I do like him.  He's worth it for me, but I won't fight anyone who feels otherwise.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spilltray said:

Olumuyiwa Fashanu is the guy I'd be most excited about even trading up for (18-22 range)

Barton has grown on me, but I don't love the positional value at 25.

In the second I really like Cooper and Colson as LB.

Bullard is my favorite true S prospect.

Blake Corum is the RB I'd be most excited about. 

Fashanu I seldom think about - I'd rather have Fautanu or Amegadjie.

Bullard as a first choice in the draft for a Safety (not including DeJean) is cool, ideally at 58.

Of the RBs I listed, I liked Corum the most from the RB choices. Almost co-equal was Jonathon Brooks (I like him, just wish we could have seen more of him this year, shame about the ACL he had Nov 11th). I thought either could be RB1, if required. Any of Wright, Lynch, Guerendo, Laube, could be nice rotational pieces. As you can see, despite this being a poor year overall for RBs, there are plenty I like.

I do like CB Quinyon Mitchell, but I can't see the Packers being able to get him................though never say never.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive