Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

seems like a nice draft. i wouldnt know! but i trust the FO. wish we still had our first round pick this year but maybe diggs will ball out. just feel a smidge whelmed i guess

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

And hey, there's a DT in the last two picks.

DT Marcus Harris from Auburn and OT/OG LaDarius Henderson from Michigan round it out

I'd prefer Leonard Taylor III, but I like the scouting notes on Harris. Henderson at OT/OG could be a nice PS stash for a year.

Not the sexiest draft of them all, nowhere near as impactful as the "CJ and the Terminator day" last year, but this draft should help out immediately and make this team better. Secondary definitely improved with the addition of Lassiter and Bullock, RT has some competition with Fisher in the lineup, DL gets additional rotation guys in Byrd and Harris, Jahwar Jordan looks like a swiss army knife at RB and Cade Stover looks like a solid add with some Kelce-like upside.

This wasn't a bad draft. Not a fantastic draft, but definitely a draft you can't fault.

• Like 1

Hard to be a top-level draft when we traded our 1st for Stefon Diggs and an extra 2nd. We made a win-now move because we've got a top-level QB on a rookie contract and I cannot blame the front office for trying to make the most off hitting two grand slams last year. We'll see how it pans out, but can't begrudge the effort.

Can't really complain about any of the picks made - only thing I wonder about is the lack of impetus on the DT front. Overall, my biggest gripe is that we're going to see Adonai Mitchell and T'vondre Sweat twice a year and I liked those guys in college...

Edited by Longhorns90
  • Like 3

All hindsight, but if we didn’t trade away our 1st, we could if had Brian Thomas Jr or moved up and potentially gotten Brock Bowers? 

I would have preferred that rather than a 1 year rental with Diggs. Or at least I’m leaning that way immediately after the draft 

First, I am okay with the draft BDN & Coach Meco created (mucho trust fellas!)… that being said...

2024 Hindsight Draft ceteris paribus
Trade 2-42 + 2-59 to WSH for 2-40 + 3-67 + WSH 2025 6th
2-40 CB Cooper DeJean (Iowa)
Trade 3-67 + 2025 7th to AZ for 3-82 + 4-106 + AZ 2025 6th
3-78 SAF Calen Bullock (USC)
3-82 LB Payton Wilson (NC St)5 3rs
4-106 TE Theo Johnson (PSU) or Cade Stover (OH St)
4-123 RB Isacc Guerendo (LOU)
Trade 6-189 + QB Davis Mills to NYJ for 5-171
5-171 QB Jordan Travis (FSU)
6-188 OL Tylan Grable (UCF)
7-238 Edge Solomon Byrd (USC)
7-247 IDL Marcus Harris (Auburn)

4-127 + 2025 5th traded for 2025 3rd.

A++

• Like 1

Not a bad draft...couple of immediate starters and some decent depth. I don't think they're done adding to the IDL though...but I'm not really sure who they'd bring in that'd be a vast improvement over what they already have. 

• Like 1