Dying on that hill! (another form of prediction thread)

Danger

This will be a thread I'll make each year right before the draft and we can look back at last year's and/or at the end of the season to really review our actual legit serious takes. I've done this in previous years on the Eagles forum, but it didn't get the engagement really needed to sustain it. Can be anything from who gets drafted where or how many X's get drafted in the Top Z

Some of mine:

Drake Maye will end up a top 5-10 QB by the end of the 2026 season (unless he's a Patriot)
JC Latham will be a bust (unless he plays guard)
Brock Bowers will continue the trend of first round Tight Ends not living up to expectations, even if he's not an outright bust

A few of mine

Cooper DeJean will be a multi year all-pro at safety.

Chop Robinson will be a bust.  Another Aaron Maybin type.  Ironically they both went to Penn St.

Payton Wilson will be a steal in round 2 and actually stay healthy over a full course of his career. 

Brock Bowers will be the best player in this draft (not accounting for positional importance with QB’s). 1,000+ yards as a rookie.

Drake Maye is going to disappoint and be a Sam Darnold type QB.

Michael Penix is going to be the 2nd best QB in this draft.

Payton Wilson will be the best defensive player from this draft.

Adonai Mitchell ends up as a top 3 WR in this draft class.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Chop Robinson will be a bust.  Another Aaron Maybin type.  Ironically they both went to Penn St.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and even as a Penn State alumni, this was my first gut reaction. But Chop is far more athletic than Maybin, and also doesn't appear to be getting as drastically overdrafted as Maybin who went.... 6th overall? Chop's ceiling appears to be like early 20s.

I’m guessing these are supposed to be hot takes. I feel like I’m hitting the consensus on most of my opinions, but here’s the best I’ve got.

Chop Robinson will bust.

Latu will bust, and not for medical reasons.

Ben Sinnott has the biggest rookie year amongst TEs.

Multiple late Day 2 and Day 3 OTs start Day 1.

Zach Frazier will be drafted before Jackson Powers-Johnson.

• Like 1

• Michael Penix Jr spends the next 5 years as the "best" QB from this class, until JJ has a couple of seasons starting after settling in and maturing. Ultimately it ends up being JJ as QB1, Penix as QB2. 

• Leonard Taylor makes everyone wonder why he wasn't a 1st rounder in short order. 

• Jalen McMillan outperforms Rome Odunze in the NFL

The closest thing I have to hot takes contradict things in this thread ironically. I think Rome is the best WR of this class, where as I think AD Mitchell will be a bust and he's functionally off my board at this point (at least where I'd be comfortable drafting him vs. consensus). I'm much more casual scouting than others though so I'm not going to argue overly much about it.

- Jackson Powers-Johnson will be an elite C, spoken in the same vein as Frederick used to be (Might need a few years on this one.)

- JJ McCarthy is not drafted in the top 6

- Brock Bowers is very underwhelming in year 1

- Both Verse and Turner, whilst not “busts”, won’t do much and will be buried in their rosters in a couple years 

- Quinyon Mitchell DROTY

Max Melton becomes a lockdown #1 corner.

Caleb Williams becomes a good, but not great player. Think T-Lawrence levels.

Ainias Smith becomes the biggest + mover in future redrafts.

Spencer Rattler finally becomes a thing in the NFL.

Bralen Trice & Brandon Dorlus become great starters.

Both Utah S become impact players.

This will be considered one of the weakest drafts ever, especially defensively. 

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

I’m guessing these are supposed to be hot takes. I feel like I’m hitting the consensus on most of my opinions, but here’s the best I’ve got.

It can be hot takes, but moreso... planting your flag on takes you want etched in stone to look back on in the future. "SEE MAN I CALLED THAT ****"

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Pretty sure they don't play defense

To be fair, on some of Penix throws, Odunze effectively has to play DB to go up and win the ball.

But that doesn't really fit that context either.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Danger said:

Pretty sure they don't play defense

He has the best hands and contested ball numbers if I am correct. In that way, he would out catch the other two towards greatness. Sorry you couldn't make the connection.