Ravens extend WR Rashod Bateman

Forge

I thought he was more or less a disappointment (if I remember right because of availability instead of talent) which seems somewhat odd to be an extension target. Surely it's semi-budget right?

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I thought he was more or less a disappointment (if I remember right because of availability instead of talent) which seems somewhat odd to be an extension target. Surely it's semi-budget right?

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

3 catches per game average and 4 career TD.

Yeah, I’m going to assume he’s a good perimeter blocker and run with that narrative.

Tape shows Bateman can get open frequently but doesn't always get the ball.

I think the Ravens are getting out ahead and signing him now rather than him having his most productive year as WR2 next to Flowers in 2024 and becomes too expensive to re-sign.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

3 catches per game average and 4 career TD.

Yeah, I’m going to assume he’s a good perimeter blocker and run with that narrative.

His name had so much potential for elite gif usage. 

bait.gif

• Like 1

Meh. He's been bad when thrown the ball, IMO. He has to be near the top of the drop rate stats. He hasn't done much of anything after the catch.

Some say he is really good at getting open, but I feel like that's a lot of running hard on plays that were already developed in another direction.

I'm particularly lower on him than most. Hope this is cheap and he breaks out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

8nwffh.jpg

I mean, if Bateman is the 3rd or 4th read on a play, it's not uncommon for a QB not to get to that read. Presumably with OBJ gone Bateman will move up in the pecking order and receive more targets.

Also there is such a thing as "chemistry" between a QB and WR, thus far I don't think Lamar has clicked with Bateman as well as he has with other pass catchers but that has in part been due to Bateman missing time with injuries.

Your false binary has been defeated.