2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

How is EDGE not DE?  Like seriously I put the exact player that was selected how could I not get the position he plays that's ridiculous

Because I give points for position only as well. 

For example. 

At pick #11, the actual pick was 

Jets - (2 points)

OT - (3 points)

Fashanu - (5points)

@ARTMONK HOF (as an example) picked:

Chargers (0 points)

OT - (3 points)

JC Latham (0 points)

So he gets 3 points even though he doesn't get the correct pick. Each part is separate from the other. 

And had the pick at #27 been:

Cardinals

EDGE

Chop Robinson 

You would've received 5 points for:

Cardinals - (2 points)

EDGE  -(3 points)

D. Robinson  -(0 points)

Works both ways and this one affected me as well.

15 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think @MKnight82 just locked up a win in the draft game. Another position correct at 5x points.

Going through everything again now to be sure. I DO know that I didn't win for a 3rd time. I think I'm looking at 3rd place this year. 

Everything is preliminary though. I have to audit the entries and make sure what I have matches what you guys put down

• Like 1

Well you have to think Buffalo grabs a WR with the first pick of the 2nd. So that leaves New England who could take an OT. Arizona I think doesn't need one. Kingsley Suama is out there. 

Cooper DeJean is the obvious faller... and Kool-Aid is out there too. We could grab one of those guys I feel easily

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Going through everything again now to be sure. I DO know that I didn't win for a 3rd time. I think I'm looking at 3rd place this year. 

Everything is preliminary though. I have to audit the entries and make sure what I have matches what you guys put down

Come on @MikeT14 get that 3rd place again!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

This is not a fact. I'm sorry that is not something I agree with at all.

Okay. It’s been basically the consensus play-style knock on him for years, but you’re entitled to your view on it as well. 

It’s at the root of most of the other knocks on him — the famous P2S rate, the scramble rate and the “drops his eyes” thing, the lack of intermediate middle-field throws. He is more disposed than most players to just eat the ball if the “clean” throw isn’t there. As critiques go, it’s not the worst you could ever have, that you’re too preoccupied with ball security. But it does limit him to some degree.

If you’re re-watching him, try to keep track of the genuinely tight window throws he’s making. It’s noteworthy when you see one. You’re just not throwing only 7 picks on over 700 attempts (2022-23) if you’re making a lot of contested 50/50 type throws.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Its not?

I am down on all the QBs in this draft, but the pettiness is comical at this point. The man just won the heisman trophy. Threw for 3812 yards, 40 TDs and only 4 INTs... Claiming that he can't throw a receiver open or into a tight window or a jump ball is just ridiculous, IMO.

• Like 1

We didn't take the QB I would have take but Daniels isn't a bad player. Also we didn't have to give up resources to get him. On top of that we did what I wanted and stayed put in the 2nd round. I'm hoping we can land two superior guys here at the top of the 2nd, or hell maybe even consider a trade down. 

• Like 1

Here's my big board for tomorrow: 

WR Adonai Mitchell: He's 6'2", 4.34 speed. What's not to like? I prefer his size over McConkey.

CB Kool Aid McKinstry: 3 year starter at Alabama, the guy didn't allow a TD in his entire career. I know people say Dejean is a better athlete but I don't want another tweener, just give me a top notch cover CB. 

OT Kingsley Suamatai: former high school 5 star prospect had to bounce Oregon to get playing time. Didn't live up to his potential in college, needs to be coached up but he has NFL size and athleticism. 

LB Edge Cooper: Athletic 3 down linebacker. 

OC Jackson Powers-Johnson: We need tackles more than interior guys but his talent level kind of has to be considered. IMO he's better than any Center we have on the roster. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

WR Adonai Mitchell: He's 6'2", 4.34 speed. What's not to like? I prefer his size over McConkey.

CB Kool Aid McKinstry: 3 year starter at Alabama, the guy didn't allow a TD in his entire career. I know people say Dejean is a better athlete but I don't want another tweener, just give me a top notch cover CB. 

OT Kingsley Suamatai: former high school 5 star prospect had to bounce Oregon to get playing time. Didn't live up to his potential in college, needs to be coached up but he has NFL size and athleticism. 

OC Jackson Powers-Johnson: We need tackles more than interior guys but his talent level kind of has to be considered. IMO he's better than any Center we have on the roster. 

I would love Mitchell and McKinstry. But darn it I want Suamatai and JPJ as well

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Thats so really good list. I'm down with any of these.