The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

10 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

My only wish is to not trade up for a QB or pick one at 13. I would rather have O'Connell + Fuaga/Arnold/Latham/Fashanu than Nix/Penix/McCarthy and the players available in the late first/early second or at 44. And, I am almost certain one of Nix/Penix can be had in the late first/early second or at 44. Worst case, they take a swing on Rattler in round 4. Heck, it sounds like Nix might be available in round 3.

I dont think Rattler makes it to the 4th personally. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst

Thats draft day for a Raider fan baby! LOL.
I feel confident im not going to be as disappointed as most years, but i havent been as dialed in as I have in years past either

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst, please lord let us get it right this year.

Give me a stud Cb and OL in the first two rounds and I will be happy.  Sure it's not sexy but those are key positions on a team devoid of talent in those areas!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Give me a stud Cb and OL in the first two rounds and I will be happy.  Sure it's not sexy but those are key positions on a team devoid of talent in those areas!

I think if we dont draft a QB we need to trade Adams. I just dont get the value in holding onto an aging receiver and wasting him on AOC and Minshew. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I dont think Rattler makes it to the 4th personally. 

Maybe. But I wouldn't be afraid of missing out on Rattler, either. The Raiders have a lot of immediate needs and depth needs. I honestly wouldn't hate it if the Raiders simply punted on QB. From the start, it has seemed like Mark Davis has mandated getting a QB in the first or second round, but maybe Telesco has walked him off that ledge. If the ball doesn't roll the Raiders' way at QB, they could end up with a lot or really good players at other positions through round 4. Who knows, there could be a certain QB in Dallas that likes what he sees in Las Vegas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Maybe. But I wouldn't be afraid of missing out on Rattler, either. The Raiders have a lot of immediate needs and depth needs. I honestly wouldn't hate it if the Raiders simply punted on QB. From the start, it has seemed like Mark Davis has mandated getting a QB in the first or second round, but maybe Telesco has walked him off that ledge. If the ball doesn't roll the Raiders' way at QB, they could end up with a lot or really good players at other positions through round 4. Who knows, there could be a certain QB in Dallas that likes what he sees in Las Vegas.

Yeah I can see that. I just worry they're trying to do the half rebuild thing again because if they aren't getting a qb you're wasting one of Adams's last years of top tier production most likely. 

At the very least, I think we can all agree that we're beyond happy that we don't have Grudock to worry about, and we have enough holes that almost any reasonable pick isn't going to be a total "WTF" while there not being such gaping holes that not taking any individual player has the same effect. 

I expect plenty of "Hmm...ok, let's see where this goes" with our picks as opposed to "Fire everyone!"

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yeah I can see that. I just worry they're trying to do the half rebuild thing again because if they aren't getting a qb you're wasting one of Adams's last years of top tier production most likely. 

The team should not make any decisions based on Adam's age (besides drafting and developing another receiver). He's probably going to get cut or restructured after next season, anyway.

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The team should not make any decisions based on Adam's age (besides drafting and developing another receiver). He's probably going to get cut or restructured after next season, anyway.

Yes that is the point. I'm not saying make the decision based on Adam's age, I'm saying that the decision you make affects what you do with Adams if he has perceived value that is worth offloading, especially with the Jets looking to add receivers among various other teams.