Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

Belichick on McAfee and BR having Stroud and Micah were great. Anyone who hasn’t watched those two broadcasts should consider it, bunch of really smart football people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Got to admire the Raiders for drafting the one position they had locked down on the roster.

BPA by a considerable amount. I don't think people would have been too hung up if the Chargers took Bowers at #5. Getting him at #13 was great value imo.

I am excited to see how Bowers is used.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

BPA by a considerable amount. I don't think people would have been too hung up if the Chargers took Bowers at #5. Getting him at #13 was great value imo.

Ah yeah, I think Bowers is a fun add – just funny nobody made that connection because of the needs elsewhere

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Ah yeah, I think Bowers is a fun add – just funny nobody made that connection because of the needs elsewhere

What did you think of Mayer coming out last year btw? A lot of the media/fans were surprised he fell to the 2nd and wasn't the first TE taken.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What did you think of Mayer coming out last year btw? A lot of the media/fans were surprised he fell to the 2nd and wasn't the first TE taken.

I thought he was pretty good, a tier below Kincaid from memory. Don't remember particularly shocked he didn't go first round when the process was over, as he had disappointed compared to the early Baby Gronk hype from a size/weight/athleticism viewpoint. 

39 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

As a big fan of Mayer last year as a prospect, Bowers and Gronk/Hernandez era offense, I’m fascinated by the Mayer/Bowers duo. I know it’s a polarizing pick but I can’t wait to see how it plays out. 

• Like 2