Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

13 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Nope, pretty sure he clocked some time at RT at Notre Dame.  Hasn't done it since his freshman year, but he has done it.

Also, you're forgetting the massive addition-by-subtraction that is Telesco's dumbass project Trey Pipkins relegated to bench-at-best and probably a cap casualty ASAP considering he's not worth holding at that extension Tommy gave him.

Just did some more research on this. He was a QB and TE before college. So he only started playing OT for three seasons. Only time he played RT was during preseason camp.

https://theathletic.com/5448396/2024/04/26/joe-alt-los-angeles-chargers/

Alt played all 38 of his games at Notre Dame at left tackle. The Chargers, of course, have former All-Pro Rashawn Slater at that position. Alt said he played some right tackle during preseason camp as a freshman in 2021, and that appears to be his path to a starting job as a rookie.”

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I understand prospect rankings really start to differ towards the end of round 1, but man, Ladd and Coleman are definitely better receivers than Pearsall and Legette. 

The Bills have a chance to be huge winners if they take Ladd at 33 tomorrow. While I love Coleman, he wouldn't be a great fit in Buffalo. They need someone who can win on the outside. 

Xavier Legette: 6'1", 221 lbs, 31 7/8" arm, 9" hands

●  4.39 forty, 1.54 ten, 40" vertical, 10'6" broad jump

AJ Brown: 6'0.5", 226 lbs, 32 7/8" arm, 9 3/4" hands

●  4.49 forty, 1.56 ten, 36.5" vertical, 10'0" broad jump

DJ Moore: 6', 210 lbs, 31 5/8" arm, 9" hands,

●  4.42 forty, 1.53 ten, 39.5" vertical, 11" broad jump

Moore and Brown were better route runners coming out, but I can see why Xavier Legette would be a coveted WR at the end of round 1. 

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Xavier Legette: 6'1", 221 lbs, 31 7/8" arm, 9" hands

●  4.39 forty, 1.54 ten, 40" vertical, 10'6" broad jump

AJ Brown: 6'0.5", 226 lbs, 32 7/8" arm, 9 3/4" hands

●  4.49 forty, 1.56 ten, 36.5" vertical, 10'0" broad jump

DJ Moore: 6', 210 lbs, 31 5/8" arm, 9" hands,

●  4.42 forty, 1.53 ten, 39.5" vertical, 11" broad jump

Moore and Brown were better route runners coming out, but I can see why Xavier Legette would be a coveted WR at the end of round 1. 

I like Legette a lot, but I liked a few other receivers more that were also available.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I like Legette a lot, but I liked a few other receivers more that were also available.

That's fair. We should see a lot go early tonight. Who do you think the Bills draft at 33? And who do you think the Giants are targeting in round 2?

Edit: Coleman and Nabers would be SICK for New York 

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I think that "right now" is doing a lot of work right now.  That "right now" could change by the end of this weekend.  I also doubt that Bozeman is Jim's long-term plan at center, so if they take a center prospect with guard flexibility...

Yeah an actual good Center is our biggest OL need since Linsley is gone. Bozeman buys us a year. But I think we need to draft a guy like Nourzad in Day 3 to get him ready to take over.

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

That's fair. We should see a lot go early tonight. Who do you think the Bills draft at 33? And who do you think the Giants are targeting in round 2?

Edit: Coleman and Nabers would be SICK for New York 

I dont know anything about AD Mitchell's supposed diabetes issues, but if that's not a problem, I'm taking him if im the Bills. I like Ladd as well. I think he's an outside receiver all day. I'd avoid Coleman for the Bills and Giants, no matter how much I like him, because I think he's gonna be limited to a big slot role and both teams already have multiple guys who occupy the slot (Shakir, Kincaid, Wan'Dale Robinson, Jalin Hyatt).

Giants should be looking at one of these iDL guys (Newton, Fiske, Ruke) or DB (Dejean, Melton, Sainristil, Kool-Aid, Rakestraw, Tampa). Lots of value to be had there, and the Giants need help at both spots.