Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

Not trying to be a smart *** but I don't keep track - who's the last good name to play on their 5th year option? Feel like if you hit on a player well enough they usually get extended before then

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

What would Debo cost? 28, injury history. Love the player when he’s healthy but that’s the issue.

late 3 at most I'd think, probably a 4th

I understand prospect rankings really start to differ towards the end of round 1, but man, Ladd and Coleman are definitely better receivers than Pearsall and Legette. 

The Bills have a chance to be huge winners if they take Ladd at 33 tomorrow. While I love Coleman, he wouldn't be a great fit in Buffalo. They need someone who can win on the outside. 

5 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Not trying to be a smart *** but I don't keep track - who's the last good name to play on their 5th year option? Feel like if you hit on a player well enough they usually get extended before then

This is true, but often times team exercise the option after Y3 (meaning Y4 and Y5 money is already set) and then extend the player. So something like AJB’s new 3 years/$96M is a lot, but it’d be tacked onto those lower dollar figures. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Hoping for a third

So a mid round pick the Bills get him, and could also still get  Mitchell or Ladd. Or take Dejean, and use picks they just got from trading back to move back up and take another receiver..

I’m game

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Brandon Aiyuk is on his 5th year option right now, of course he wants a new contract but he is on 2024 for around 14 million.  

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I understand prospect rankings really start to differ towards the end of round 1, but man, Ladd and Coleman are definitely better receivers than Pearsall and Legette. 

The Bills have a chance to be huge winners if they take Ladd at 33 tomorrow. While I love Coleman, he wouldn't be a great fit in Buffalo. They need someone who can win on the outside. 

The only concern I'd have on Ladd is that I think he has back problems already. That's always something that really bugs me. I was out on kincaid last year for that reason as well. 

Pearsall is the guy I would have traded up for in the second...but my gut says the niners are just going to do that and draft Rosengarten, who I thought they had a legit shot at drafting at 31 lol 

• Like 1