Are you smarter than Gutekunst?? ........... 2024 shadow draft

Let's have some fun during the NFL draft and post who you would select if you were in Brian Gutekunst shoes as the GB Packer GM.

Couple basic concepts/rules

1. Ideally you post who you as GB GM would pick at the time the pick is made, or shortly after GB has picked.  
    1. If you agree with/are good with the GB pick, state it
    2. if not, then state who you would have picked instead
    3. this is not a hindsight post who you would have picked days/weeks after the draft, it is at the time of the pick like Gutekunst has to make
  2. If GB trades up/down, you can post you would not have made the trade and kept the original pick(s) GB had and state who you would have picked 
  3. You can't create a trade up or down that does not materialize in the actual draft

link to previous year

Current picks for GB

I've already said I'd post a post-draft mock and yes, you want to do it fairly soon after the draft. Since you have posted this, I'll do my post draft mock here. My rules were pretty much the same.

You can pick anyone still on the board when the Packers pick.
You cannot make any trade the Packers didn't make, but you CAN refuse a deal they did and go with the original picks.

Make your choices, tuck the post-draft mock away for a couple of years - and then see how you did, vs Gute.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I've already said I'd post a post-draft mock and yes, you want to do it fairly soon after the draft. Since you have posted this, I'll do my post draft mock here. My rules were pretty much the same.

You can pick anyone still on the board when the Packers pick.
You cannot make any trade the Packers didn't make, but you CAN refuse a deal they did and go with the original picks.
Make your choices, tuck the post-draft mock away for a couple of years - and then see how you did, vs Gute.

Gutekunst doesnt get to make his picks after he sees how the full draft has played out and what players were available at the next pick.   Do your thing, but this is agree with the pick GB makes, or state that you'd have selected a different player at that time.... not Monday.

Edited by squire12

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Gutekunst doesnt get to make his picks after he sees how the full draft has played out and what players were available at the next pick.   Do your thing, but this is agree with the pick GB makes, or state that you'd have selected a different player at that time.... not Monday.

Fair enough. You do your thing during the draft and I'll do mine just after. Gute does not get to see how the draft played out before he picks, agreed, but that is countered by him having massively more information on each player, than we do as fans.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Fair enough. You do your thing during the draft and I'll do mine just after. Gute does not get to see how the draft played out before he picks, agreed, but that is countered by him having massively more information on each player, than we do as fans.

Gute doesn't have to make his Thu/Fri picks at 4am, so you should get some leeway.

• Like 1

pick 25:  would have been down to Newton, Barton or De Jean.   pending the medicals on Newton, that would have been my pick.  if the medicals were not good enough, then Barton.

36 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Everyone knows who I would have taken.

Don’t care if I’m late. I’ve wanted him since this time last year.

I was like, YES .. gonna get DeJean.  Should have known better.  The fact that DeJean made it thru the first undrafted makes me think the NFL just didn't have him valued as highly as the pundits.  Maybe we get him tomorrow?  Hope so. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I was like, YES .. gonna get DeJean.  Should have known better.  The fact that DeJean made it thru the first undrafted makes me think the NFL just didn't have him valued as highly as the pundits.  Maybe we get him tomorrow?  Hope so. 

That’s what makes this time of year so fun. I wanted them to build the defense too but I am not upset at all with protecting Love and setting up the run game for Jacobs. 

The fan reaction on the cheesehead TV draft party was hilarious though.