Titans Draft OT JC Latham

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

You could easily flip this and say we won’t know how good he is if he’s constantly being pressured/getting injured. Kinda a pick your poison.

I personally think, based on history, it’s easier finding a potential pro bowl WR in the 2nd or later than a tackle.

If anything, for Levis specifically, giving him time is more important. He struggled the most in college when under pressure.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

You could easily flip this and say we won’t know how good he is if he’s constantly being pressured/getting injured. Kinda a pick your poison.

I personally think, based on history, it’s easier finding a potential pro bowl WR in the 2nd or later than a tackle.

I guess. But not many OTs have brought their teams up to Super Bowls compared to guys who can score.

I just want a career long skill position player that always makes an impact. We never have that. It's so frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I'd just rather know whether or not Levis can throw with enough weapons. 

Assuming we don't go WR in the 2nd round we won't really "know" if he struggles this year because we only have two real guys there.

Which means next year, assuming we're picking high again, we won't know which direction the team needs to go. Levis will probably be another in a long line of lame ducks for us.

That's my issue with taking a tackle there. Latham will probably be good with Bill, but that's not really gonna matter with no one to throw to.

If Mariota can make everyone think he was the 2nd coming throwing to Delanie Walker and a band of misfits in 2016, surely Levis can make do with DHop, Ridley, Draft pick, NWI at WR and Chig at TE.

Alternatively, Tyler Boyd is still available in FA too if a WR they like isn't there in the 2nd, who has already had a good deal of success in Callahan's offense. Not sure if we're still looking for much in FA or not though.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

If Mariota can make everyone think he was the 2nd coming throwing to Delanie Walker and a band of misfits in 2016, surely Levis can make do with DHop, Ridley, Draft pick, NWI at WR and Chig at TE.

Alternatively, Tyler Boyd is still available in FA too if a WR they like isn't there in the 2nd, who has already had a good deal of success in Callahan's offense. Not sure if we're still looking for much in FA or not though.

Mariota did not make everyone think he was the 2nd coming lmao. 

Just now, Kookie23 said:

Mariota did not make everyone think he was the 2nd coming lmao. 

You must have missed this forum in 2016 then. And I don't even just mean the Titans forum. Everyone and their brother thought Mariota and Carr were the future of the NFL based off how they played.

3 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I guess. But not many OTs have brought their teams up to Super Bowls compared to guys who can score.

I just want a career long skill position player that always makes an impact. We never have that. It's so frustrating. 

On an individual level, it’s pretty much zero with both. It’s QBs and it’s whole rosters.

1 minute ago, Kookie23 said:

I definitely feel you. It’s like I said though, you can find that guy in the 2nd round or later. Look at the recent paid WRs, Amon Ra St Brown (4th) and AJ (2nd).

And there should still be some good WRs for us to chose from (*ahem* Javon Baker).

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I definitely feel you. It’s like I said though, you can find that guy in the 2nd round or later. Look at the recent paid WRs, Amon Ra St Brown (4th) and AJ (2nd).

And there should still be some good WRs for us to chose from (*ahem* Javon Baker).

We'll never get over AJ Brown will we? 

I look at it like this; would I feel better about Rome(some had at least top 1 or 2 WR)  & Guyton or Morgan, vs Latham(some had top 2 and possibly highest ceiling) and McConkey/Worthy/Pearsall or Fiske/Cooper/Colson.

For me I would think the Higher talent OT and lower talent WR/DL/LB would more likely turn into cornerstones of the future. 

Edited by Dr.Doom52

20 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I'd just rather know whether or not Levis can throw with enough weapons. 

Assuming we don't go WR in the 2nd round we won't really "know" if he struggles this year because we only have two real guys there.

Which means next year, assuming we're picking high again, we won't know which direction the team needs to go. Levis will probably be another in a long line of lame ducks for us.

That's my issue with taking a tackle there. Latham will probably be good with Bill, but that's not really gonna matter with no one to throw to.

Bruhhh the WR class is deep the drafts not over be positive we can get all tbe WR’s there is & the 2nd Levi’s is on IR, we still won’t know what we have. 

Ugh not the biggest fan. Latham is a good player no question. Top 10ish player but I don't trust his lateral quickness and on a team that runs a lot of wide zone we are asking him to do what he is weak at. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Bruhhh the WR class is deep the drafts not over be positive we can get all tbe WR’s there is & the 2nd Levi’s is on IR, we still won’t know what we have. 

The Vrabel PTSD has me thinking we'll get some unathletic ILB that can't play coverage instead lol

1 minute ago, TJM217 said:

Ugh not the biggest fan. Latham is a good player no question. Top 10ish player but I don't trust his lateral quickness and on a team that runs a lot of wide zone we are asking him to do what he is weak at. 

From my understanding OG Cally likes Power style vs Wide zone.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2506803-what-washington-redskins-running-game-will-look-like-under-bill-callahan

Power Principles are Obvious
Power is a big part of Callahan's philosophy. The principles of power are obvious in the plays he designs, from the formations to the techniques and execution.

• Like 1