2024 NFL Draft Thread

textaz03

Not thrilled with Guyton overall as I've been saying for a month now. Too many mechanics to work on. Too raw. Lot of potential though. Finishes plays every play. I was not a fan of him at 24 at all..

But as I've also said. Getting him and another pick makes it a solid selection. I won't say I'm thrilled. But him and a 3rd round pick is definitely solid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

Idk how you pass on both centers for a OT for a one year wonder. 

Me either. JPJ there's a medical thing that came out the last couple days and they say Dallas hasn't cleared him due to it. But Barton at 24 with his position flex to me is better than Guyton and a 3rd round pick 

But guyton and a 3rd round pick is definitely better to me than just Guyton. Too raw. Not my idea of an all in pick even with the third rounder. But they could have done worse 

And that extra third gives them some ammunition to make a move in round 2 for jpj or Colson or cooper if they are so inclined.

I think DAL has earned the benefit of the doubt with first round OLs. How many of us loved Tyler Smith when that happened? Or Travis Frederick?

Seems pretty clear to me, based on how much clock time they used at 24 and how little they used at 29, that they got the guy they almost took at 24 plus an extra third. That’s a win to me

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I could get behind the pick if Guyton is the RT. But LT is super risky and he’s raw asl.

Steele isn't cut out for LT and moving him to guard and Smith to LT puts two of your cemented in place starters into positions that are definitely not their best spot.

Guyton will be the LT. Maybe not day 1 though. I also think TJ Bass is going to be pretty damn special as he puts on muscle. Maybe they few him as a potential LT to start the year or LG to start the year until Guyton is more prepared with Bass inside. And then move Smith back to guard as Guyton takes his spot at LT.

I dunno there's a lot of options now. 

But I am you what. A raw talent like Guyton is NOT an ALL IN pick. Maybe ALL IN 2, 3, 4 years from now. But this season is going to be tough on him