2.45 - Edgerrin Cooper [LB; Texas A&M]

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Violent and explosive? Absolutely. He's not powerful though, there's no blowback or drive when he collides with a RB in pass pro. I just didn't see it. He's actually better in coverage to me than he was pass rushing. Excellent blitzer, but putting him on the LOS like a DE/EDGE just isn't his game. We should green dog blitz as much as humanly possible though, man can he close. 

agreed about blitzing, he needs a running start (unless he puts on some serious grown-man muscle, which is possible)

As others have already said, Cooper and Parsons are very different players.  When Cooper runs into a blocker, and I mean ANY blocker (OL, TE, or RB), he stops dead in his tracks.  He's not an edge guy and he's not someone who can stack and shed blocks.  Maybe he can learn to do some of that in time but he's certainly not that type of player right now.

On 4/29/2024 at 10:10 PM, craig said:

This is my hesitancy.  We can like the measurables, and the highlights.  But how many good LBers are dumb?  Can he think and process fast enough to be good?  How many plays are decided by mistakes, whose frequency is not measured into RAS.  I'm not saying he's dumb or won't be smart or instinctive enough to play.  But I do admit I'm kinda nervous about it.  

Like 95 percent of them.

Just dumb meat head jocks. 

An inner monologue of a baked potato in a microwave

The best Inside Linebacker I've ever met got an 11 on his ACT the first time he took it. "He" had to take it again to get him into school.

• Utterly incapable of second order reasoning.
  • Had a memory that leaked like a broken fish tank.
  • Regularly got lost on campus.
  • He only did like 5 activities total: Workout, eat, play Halo, play football, **** Black chicks (White dude).
  • When they gave him his preseason concussion test when he was a freshman, they got pissed at him because they thought he was sandbagging it and made him take it 3 times. To this day, he probably doesn't know why he had to take it 3 times when everybody else only took it once.
  • He missed a game because of a drug test, he didn't fail the drug test because he was on drugs, he failed it because he kept getting confused about the instructions, (go into the stall, pee in the cup, the instructor is going to watch you pee), and he kept turning away from the instructor, peeing in the toilet, etc. until he ran out of pee, so the drug tester had to come back next week.  

I think it actually helped him in a way. Just completely "See ball. Get ball." The thought process of "Am I sure this isn't play action?" never occurred to him. Nor, "If I throw my body with no regard for my own well being, into this pulling Guard, it's going to hurt." He had phenomenal football instincts and genuine retard strength.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

• He missed a game because of a drug test, he didn't fail the drug test because he was on drugs, he failed it because he kept getting confused about the instructions, (go into the stall, pee in the cup, the instructor is going to watch you pee), and he kept turning away from the instructor, peeing in the toilet, etc. until he ran out of pee, so the drug tester had to come back next week.  

First step of the pee test is not peeing on your hands.

I had mixed experiences with LBs in college.  But to a man, DL were stupid.  TEs and QBs were smart, RBs and DBs at least tried.  The OL were mostly really good in class, if they cared about the subject.  I don't recall if I had any classes or taught any WRs.  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

man, if i got better at working out, eating, playing halo and football I could be an NFL LB too

That is a game that I was really, really bad at.  Usually with those kind of games, you get better with experience.  But it is shoot guy, kill guy.  In Halo, I would shoot guy, shoot guy more, shoot guy more, have to reload, then I die.  I don't get it.  

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 4:54 PM, incognito_man said:

agreed about blitzing, he needs a running start (unless he puts on some serious grown-man muscle, which is possible)

That frame is a little on the thin side, and top heavy too.

As bad as he is at it, Quay is going to have to be the one to learn to stack and shed. If Hopper is a player, than he can do it a little bit already, and just needs to work on it (and tackling if Herman is to be believed).

Edited by HyponGrey

1 hour ago, HyponGrey said:

That frame is a little on the thin side, and top heavy too.

As bad as he is at it, Quay is going to have to be the one to learn to stack and shed. If Hopper is a player, than he can do it a little bit already, and just needs to work on it (and tackling if Herman is to be believed).

I just don't think this is something they are going to ask their LB to do much.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 10:41 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Like 95 percent of them.

Know this is LB talk but this is baseball players to the max tbh. When I was in college, I hung out with the baseball guys. Just the dumbest of the dumb. Parties were friggin' killer tho.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Know this is LB talk but this is baseball players to the max tbh. When I was in college, I hung out with the baseball guys. Just the dumbest of the dumb. Parties were friggin' killer tho.

I forgot to add that in my post.  The baseball players were as dumb as the DL.  

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 10:41 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Like 95 percent of them.

An inner monologue of a baked potato in a microwave

The best Inside Linebacker I've ever met got an 11 on his ACT the first time he took it. "He" had to take it again to get him into school.

• Utterly incapable of second order reasoning.
  • Had a memory that leaked like a broken fish tank.
  • Regularly got lost on campus.
  • He only did like 5 activities total: Workout, eat, play Halo, play football, **** Black chicks (White dude).
  • When they gave him his preseason concussion test when he was a freshman, they got pissed at him because they thought he was sandbagging it and made him take it 3 times. To this day, he probably doesn't know why he had to take it 3 times when everybody else only took it once.

I think it actually helped him in a way. Just completely "See ball. Get ball." The thought process of "Am I sure this isn't play action?" never occurred to him. Nor, "If I throw my body with no regard for my own well being, into this pulling Guard, it's going to hurt." He had phenomenal football instincts and genuine retard strength.

If I didn't know that I was older than you, I would think you were describing Andy Katzenmoyer.