3.88 - Marshawn Lloyd [RB; USC]

52 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Honestly he reminds me of a plus version of Alex Green 

Don’t sell yourself short, man. 

AG was intriguing especially because we thought he could be useful in the passing game but Lloyd is built a lot lower to the ground, is shiftier and more explosive. I don’t think their running styles are the same simply because of how they’re put together. Hope Lloyd has the better career, obviously. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Don’t sell yourself short, man. AG was intriguing especially because we thought he could be useful in the passing game but Lloyd is built a lot lower to the ground, is shiftier and more explosive. I don’t think their running styles are the same simply because of how they’re put together. Hope Lloyd has the better career, obviously. 

I think he's fit fine in the MLF scheme of multiple weapons running all over the place - headed up by a QB thats shown a willingness to use them all. I dont know squat other than what I'm reading/viewing now...but Huber's comment that he has a fumbling problem (?) - thats not good if accurate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think he's fit fine in the MLF scheme of multiple weapons running all over the place - headed up by a QB thats shown a willingness to use them all. I dont know squat other than what I'm reading/viewing now...but Huber's comment that he has a fumbling problem (?) - thats not good if accurate.

Fumbles are the cardinal sin of RBs along with not protecting the QB. Gute said they obviously looked at that and feel it’s correctable. I’d have to look at the circumstances of each fumble. It’s always the ball carrier’s fault but sometimes they take less of the blame. 33 was a great player for us but definitely had fumbling issues in some big games.

I think Lloyd is a really dynamic and strong back in a compact package. He is a guy I watched some highlights of when someone here told me he was their favorite RB in the draft. He could bring a different dimension to the backfield but yes, hold the damn ball! But that goes for everyone. I’m pretty excited to see what we’ve got here.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Gute said they obviously looked at that and feel it’s correctable.

For context, I've got to locate and play those pressers. I've not listened to any of them yet.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

For context, I've got to locate and play those pressers. I've not listened to any of them yet.

I like them. Obviously they don’t give away too much inside info, especially because we’re still mid draft but good insight on what they like about the picks. Gutey is a thoughtful guy and so far has earned his place as our GM and his reputation could really grow if this young team takes off. 

Just now, Refugee said:

I like them. Obviously they don’t give away too much inside info, especially because we’re still mid draft but good insight on what they like about the picks. Gutey is a thoughtful guy and so far has earned his place as our GM and his reputation could really grow if this young team takes off. 

I am somewhat worried about our Secondary - primarily the CBS. Huber's comments ring true. Counting on Jaire and Stokes....is problematic given the number of games they've consistently missed. I'll hope for the best there 🤞which leaves us with the Valentine/Ballentine/Nixon evil axis 🫥

He's the Jayden Reed of RB's.  Dude has that quick shiftyness about him.  Say he's as close to Aaron Jones as we were going to find in this draft.  Like the pick he should be able to contribute immediately.  

14 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

He's the Jayden Reed of RB's.  Dude has that quick shiftyness about him.  Say he's as close to Aaron Jones as we were going to find in this draft.  Like the pick he should be able to contribute immediately.  

I find the lack of receptions....while playing with Caleb....interesting.

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why? 

They threw the ball downfield a ton. Their top 6 pass catchers were WRs. 

they also ran a ton of play action. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why? They threw the ball downfield a ton. Their top 6 pass catchers were WRs. they also ran a ton of play action. 

Hopefully he's another Dillon situation: who just wasnt tasked with catching passes in college.

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dude had like a 70yd silky smooth seam route reception outta the backfield. Can't fake that. He has the ability but wasn't used there much.

• Like 3

Just now, incognito_man said:

Dude had like a 70yd silky smooth seam route reception outta the backfield. Can't fake that. He has the ability but wasn't used there much.

aka Dillon 👍

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

He has hands...just because he didn't do it much in college doesn't mean he can't do it in the pros.