3.88 - Marshawn Lloyd [RB; USC]

59 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not a fan.  Hope I'm wrong.

What don't you like?  He wasn't my number 1 guy either, but I think he was a pretty decent all around back.  And despite them constantly saying they want a feature back, their actions show that they use at least two, so it is unlikely that Lloyd ever carries a full load. 

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What don't you like?  He wasn't my number 1 guy either, but I think he was a pretty decent all around back.  And despite them constantly saying they want a feature back, their actions show that they use at least two, so it is unlikely that Lloyd ever carries a full load. 

I don't like where he was drafted.  I thought other RB's later were better value than him in the third.  

I think his overall game is fine, outside of the fumbling.  

Again, hope I'm wrong.  

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't like where he was drafted.  I thought other RB's later were better value than him in the third.  

I think his overall game is fine, outside of the fumbling.  

Again, hope I'm wrong.  

Gute seems to overdraft RBs. This isn't as bad as the Dillon pick, at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Gute seems to overdraft RBs. This isn't as bad as the Dillon pick, at least.

I mean Lloyd was like 56 on Jeremiah's board and I think around 94 consensus. He definitely wasn't "over-drafted" whether you like the player or not. 

The guy basically has three knocks: age (not a big deal), fumble issues (a bigger deal) and not a ton of zone-scheme experience (not a big deal). Other than that, if you could build a RB in a lab to replace Aaron Jones in our offense, you would build MarShawn Lloyd. He's a perfect fit and compliment to Jacobs. He also has a ton of tread left on his tires. 

If you can, try to find some clips on the Senior Bowl practices/game with Lloyd. Anyone who watches that would come out saying "yea, I want this guy in GB." He's electric. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean Lloyd was like 56 on Jeremiah's board and I think around 94 consensus. He definitely wasn't "over-drafted" whether you like the player or not. The guy basically has three knocks: age (not a big deal), fumble issues (a bigger deal) and not a ton of zone-scheme experience (not a big deal). Other than that, if you could build a RB in a lab to replace Aaron Jones in our offense, you would build MarShawn Lloyd. He's a perfect fit and compliment to Jacobs. He also has a ton of tread left on his tires. If you can, try to find some clips on the Senior Bowl practices/game with Lloyd. Anyone who watches that would come out saying "yea, I want this guy in GB." He's electric. 

Only potential concern going forward: fumbling. That'll keep him on the sidelines as sure as any injury....perhaps moreso.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I mean Lloyd was like 56 on Jeremiah's board and I think around 94 consensus. He definitely wasn't "over-drafted" whether you like the player or not. 

The guy basically has three knocks: age (not a big deal), fumble issues (a bigger deal) and not a ton of zone-scheme experience (not a big deal). Other than that, if you could build a RB in a lab to replace Aaron Jones in our offense, you would build MarShawn Lloyd. He's a perfect fit and compliment to Jacobs. He also has a ton of tread left on his tires. 

If you can, try to find some clips on the Senior Bowl practices/game with Lloyd. Anyone who watches that would come out saying "yea, I want this guy in GB." He's electric. 

My comment wasn't about Lloyd in particular, but RBs in general. Good ones can be found in rounds 5-7. I believe Jones was drafted in the 5th round. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

My comment wasn't about Lloyd in particular, but RBs in general. Good ones can be found in rounds 5-7. I believe Jones was drafted in the 5th round. 

A statement that can be said about any player position if you want.   Tom Brady, Brock Purdy, Mark Brunell, Brad Johnson, Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson etc

I don't think for a second that Det regrets drafting Jahmyr Gibbs in the 1st last year.    You take the talent where you need to secure them.    Assuming he supplants Dillon, MarShawn may touch the ball 150-225 times this next season - a late 3rd is not too much draft capital to use 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Fumbling was actually a huge issue for Green as a Packer.  GB just lived with it because the rest of his game was so damn good. In his first 5 seasons as a Packer, Green logged 30 fumbles.  That is a crazy high number.

Damn. I knew he had an issue....but didnt know the numbers.

Was checking something about Lloyd in relation to somebody's concerns how he'd fair in pass blocking.

The Combine RAS sheet lists him at 5'8+" / 220#
The GB roster on ESPN rounds it up to 5'9" / 210#

So - which is it? 210 or 220?

At 210 he'd be both the shortest and lightest RB on the roster - but at 220 he'd be just a tick behind Jacobs who's 223#

Time will tell...but I have a feeling he's not going to be used as a straight up blocking back on passing downs. Although at 220, he might be able to hold his own. Rather, I see him being in motion or motioned out on passing downs.

Edited by Leader

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

Was checking something about Lloyd in relation to somebody's concerns how he'd fair in pass blocking.

At 210 he'd be both the shortest and lightest RB on the roster - but at 220 he'd be just a tick behind Jacobs who's 223#

Time will tell...but I have a feeling he's not going to be used as a straight up blocking back on passing downs. Although at 220, he might be able to hold his own. Rather, I see him being in motion or motioned out on passing downs.

Measured 5'8 3/4, 220 at the combine, so his official listed height and weight will be 5'9, 220

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Measured 5'8 3/4, 220 at the combine, so his official listed height and weight will be 5'9, 220

So he is 220? Well...that's not too shabby. Jacobs is listed at 5'10" / 223 and I dont hear folks worry about him in pass pro.
There's techniques and such that he'll have to get down...but at least the image of him being a midget can be dispelled.
Again - I think they're gonna get him involved catching the ball - moreso than blocking for Love - but thats pure conjecture at this stage.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

I think he played around 210ish during the season, and came to the combine at 220.  Not sure if that was by design or his out goofing off weight.  Needless to say he ran a 4.46 40 at 220 pounds.  Pretty good.  The Packers will tell him where they want him if it's a concern.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Good ones can be found in rounds 5-7

You *can* find a good almost anything in Rounds 5-7 if you happen to select the right player.  But there are a lot of round 5-7 RBs who never amount to much.  Like it's not rational to expect a hypothetical round 5-7 RB to be significantly better than Lew Nichols, Kylin Hill, or Dexter Williams.

Round 5-7 guys at any position are lottery tickets.

• Like 2